For anodizing, composite bonding and splicing use 3M™ Polyester Tape 8402. This translucent green tinted tape is coated with a silicone adhesive that bonds well on difficult surfaces, including silicone coated papers and films. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments.
- Works in demanding conditions and retains flexibility in autoclave conditions in temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 350°F (177°C)
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Chemical resistant adhesive and backing provide durability in difficult environments, such as anodization
- Ideal for splicing applications on surfaces that are difficult to adhere to, such as silicone coated papers and films
- Translucent green backing is easily identifiable for splicing applications
- Meets several aerospace specifications
|Width||6 in||152.4 mm|
|Length||72 yd||65.83 m|
What is 3M™ Polyester Tape 8402?
3M™ Polyester Tape 8402 is a green, high-performance polyester tape that has excellent tensile strength and abrasion resistance.
What are the dimensions of the tape?
The polyester tape measures six inches in width and comes with a roll length of seventy-two yards.
How thick is the tape?
The thickness of the polyester tape is 1.9 mil which ensures clean removal after exposure to extended temperatures up to 400°F/204°C for thirty minutes.
Can I get this product in bulk quantities?
Yes, you can purchase this product in sets of eight rolls per case, making it perfect for stocking up your warehouse or manufacturing facility while adhering to your budgetary constraints.
Is this Product ESD-safe?
: Our aluminum foil tapes are generally not ESD safe unless specified specifically ,we recommend reviewing our product page or consulting with one of our technical experts at any time if you have additional questions about using any one of these products as an ESD solution.
3M™ Polyester Tape 8402 is a thin, conformable polyester tape ideal for masking in high temperature applications and adheres well to silicone coated surfaces. The tape has a silicone adhesive that functions well for masking and removes cleanly, in one piece, from most surfaces. This tape also excels in permanent splicing operations on silicone liners, papers and films subject to high temperatures. The green color makes for easier identification.
With exceptional chemical resistance, this tape works effectively in some of the most demanding work conditions, such as anodization. The pressure sensitive silicone adhesive performs under a broad range of temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 425°F (218°C). 3M™ Polyester Tape 8402 has a long service life and is designed to remain firmly adhered and flexible.Recommended Applications
- Splicing of silicone liners, films and papers
- Holding parts or vacuum bags during composite bonding operations
- Masking metal surfaces in acid or caustic chemical milling baths
- Flash breaker in metal bonding processes where the excess epoxy (flash) flows on the tape
- Protective tape reduces scratches during handling and shipping
- Paint mask for areas subject to higher temperature bake cycles