Scotch® Strapping Tape 8898 is a high performance tape specifically formulated for use in many industries, including appliance, metalworking and general industrial. The tensilized polypropylene film backing features a pressure-sensitive synthetic rubber adhesive that provides high initial adhesion holding power and clean removal from some surfaces, such as metal.
- Removes cleanly and resists stains on some surfaces, such as metal
- Proprietary 3M pressure-sensitive synthetic rubber adhesive is specifically formulated to adhere evenly and bond firmly to long lasting hold
- High strength film backing resists breaking, abrasion, moisture and scuffs and includes proper stiffness for manual or semi-automatic dispensing
- Designed to hold shelving, racks, doors, panels, cords and other parts in place
|Center Hole Diameter
What is the maximum load capacity of 3M's Scotch® Strapping Tape 8898?
The tape has a tensile strength of up to 380 lbs. per inch, making it strong enough to secure heavy boxes and bundling items.
Is this tape waterproof and weather-resistant?
Yes, it is made with polypropylene film that provides moisture resistance which makes it a great choice for outdoor use.
Can I purchase smaller quantities or only as a case?
We do offer individual rolls in-store, but purchasing by case can be more cost-effective if you plan on using it frequently.
Strapping tapes are the perfect solution for ensuring the integrity of your products and packages. They are high strength, reliable, and affordable. The tape is designed to secure shelving, racks, doors, panels, cords, and parts in place, from plant to install.
Scotch Strapping Tape 8898 is available in multiple colors and features high tensile strength. The polypropylene backing provides proper stiffness for manual or semi-automatic dispensing. It offers abrasion, moisture, and scuff resistance for strapping and to hold spacers, corner boards, power cords, and other hard-to-manage parts firmly in place.Recommended Applications
- Secure racks, doors, shelves, and other components in appliances
- Utility strapping
- Mounting protective packaging materials