Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheels feature a soft, conformable consistency that effectively smooths, deburrs and finishes the edges of metal alloys, as well as many plastics and composites. There are a variety of densities and grades starting from a very soft 2 density for applications requiring conformability to a hard, aggressive 8 density for maximum cut and durability.
- Wheel edge can be dressed for effective deburring, finishing and polishing of all metal alloys and many plastics and composites
- Tough, layered, unitized construction can operate clockwise or counterclockwise directions
- Conformability allows abrasive to stay in contact with complex-shaped parts in robotic processing
- Densities and grades ranging from soft and conformable to hard and aggressive offer utility for a wide variety of applications
- Resists smearing for cleaner surfaces and less preparation
- Minimizes heat build-up to lessen impact on heat-sensitive materials
|Diameter||4 in||101.6 mm|
|Maximum Speed||8,500 rpm|
What is the size of Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel, XL-UW 2S Fine?
The wheel dimensions are 4 in x 1/4 in x 1/4 in.
How many wheels come per case?
Each case contains twenty (20) wheels.
What does "2S" fine refer to?
"2S Fine" refers to the abrasiveness of the wheel. It means it has a medium-fine grade abrasive and can be used for deburring, blending and general surface finishing.
Can this unitized wheel be run with water or oil as coolant lubricant?
Yes! This product works well on metals with or without added coolant/lubricants such as water or oil-based fluids.
Which materials are suitable for using these unitized wheels on?
:This product is suitable for all types of different metals including stainless steel, aluminum, nickel alloys, carbon steels amongst others.
Consistent Performance on a Variety of Substrates
The Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel is designed to provide a clean edge without smearing, which reduces the need for additional clean up and preparation. It is optimized for use on a die grinder, minimizing heat buildup during operation, making it ideal for use on heat-sensitive materials. This wheel is filled with abrasive minerals that quickly smooth edges of metal, plastic, and composites. It is available in fine, medium, coarse, and extra coarse grades with aluminum oxide, and very fine and fine grades with silicon carbide.
Ideal for Robotic Deburring
Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel is an excellent option for robotic deburring due to its wide range of conformability options and high consistency. It quickly removes burrs and sharp edges in end-of-arm tooling operations, delivering consistent performance throughout the abrasive's life. Scotch-Brite™ offers unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into nonwoven nylon fibers. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results over the life of the product. The open-web material is load-resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers.
- Aluminum oxide in fine, medium, coarse, and extra coarse grades
- Silicon carbide in very fine and fine grades