Tartan™ Filament Tape 8934 is a general purpose clear fiberglass-reinforced tape with a synthetic rubber resin adhesive, ideal for light duty strapping, bundling and reinforcing. The synthetic rubber resin adhesive provides good adhesion to most fiberboard surfaces, and a variety of plastics and metal surfaces.
- Light-duty high strength tape for utility bundling, reinforcing and pallet unitizing applications
- Synthetic rubber adhesive bonds easily to most fiberboard, plastics and metal surfaces
- Transparency provides clear visibility of box graphics, printing and illustrations
- Tape resists nicks, abrasions, moisture and scuffing
- Glass yarn filaments add strength for box closing, bundling and more
|Center Hole Diameter
What is Tartan™ Filament Tape 8934 made of?
Tartan™ Filament Tape 8934 is a clear, synthetic rubber resin adhesive backed with polyester and fiberglass filaments for reinforcing.
How strong is the tape?
This tape has excellent resistance to nicks, abrasion, moisture and scuffing. It's also very tough as it has a tensile strength of 380 lb/in width.
Can I use this tape in extreme temperatures?
Yes! The adhesive on this filament tape performs well under a multitude of temperature conditions ranging from -40 degrees Fahrenheit to 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Is there any warranty for Tartan™ Filament Tape 8934?
Absolutely! If not satisfied with your purchase within the limitations provided on packaging or literature accompanying product please contact us at our customer service number (1-800-328-1688) and we will assist you in making things right.
3M's Filament Tape is a reliable and affordable solution for light duty applications such as box closing, strapping, palletizing, box reinforcing, and general bundling. The tape's adhesive provides good initial adhesion and holds well with minimum rub-down. The tough, clear film backing is abrasion and moisture resistant, provides good aging, and protects the filaments and adhesive to help your boxes remain closed for a long period of time.
The backing, filaments, and adhesive combine to provide high tensile and shear strength, allowing printing and illustrations to be seen through the tape. This tape gives you good holding under a wide range of application conditions with a minimum amount of tape, leading to lower cost for applications where high tensile strength is a main requirement.
3M's line of filament-reinforced tapes and strapping tapes are high strength and reliable solutions that give you product and package integrity. These high strength tapes provide important benefits for manufacturers of piping, metal products, furniture, appliances, automotive parts, sporting goods, as well as food and beverage processors. They are ideal for closing boxes, stabilizing pallets, bundling and reinforcing, securing appliance components during transport, and easy-open tear strips.Benefits:
- Good initial adhesion
- Minimum rub-down
- Abrasion and moisture resistant
- Provides good aging
- Protects filaments and adhesive
- High tensile and shear strength
- Allows printing and illustrations to be seen through the tape
- Lower cost for applications where high tensile strength is a main requirement
- Provides product and package integrity