3M™ Weather Resistant Film Tape 838 is comprised of a strong, thin Tedlar® PVCF Film backing with a high shear strength and a solvent resistant acrylic adhesive. This tape is ideal for many long-term weather resistant and protection applications.
- Tedlar® PVF Film backing provides strength without added thickness
- Excellent resistance to weathering makes it ideal for outdoor exposure applications
- Outstanding mechanical properties and inertness toward a wide variety of chemicals, solvents and staining agents
- Good long-term aging properties because it contains no plasticizers
- Tough and flexible over a broad range of temperatures
|Width||1-1/2 in||38.1 mm|
|Length||72 yd||65.83 m|
What is the 3M™ Weather Resistant Film Tape 838?
The 3M™ Weather Resistant Film Tape 838 is a high-performance tape designed to provide weather resistance and long-term durability.
What are its features?
This tape is made with a tough polyethylene backing that provides excellent abrasion, moisture, and chemical resistance. It adheres well to metal, plastic, sealed wood and other materials which makes it ideal for outdoor applications where harsh weather conditions are likely.
How many rolls come in a case of this tape?
There are 24 rolls per case of the 3M™ Weather Resistant Film Tape 838 in white color.
3M™ Weather Resistant Film Tape 838 is a white, 3.4 mil tape with an acrylic adhesive and a Tedlar® PVF Film backing. The 2.1 mil Tedlar® PVC Film backing provides increased strength without added thickness. This tape is ideally suited for a variety of applications found in building and construction, aerospace, signage, military and the window and door industries. This tape features excellent resistance to weathering along with outstanding mechanical properties and inertness toward a wide variety of chemicals, solvents and staining agents. There are no plasticizers in this product which contribute to good long-term aging properties. The tape is strong and flexible, even under a broad range of temperatures. 3M™ Weather Resistant Film Tape 838 will perform in temperatures ranging from -100°F/-73°C to 225°F/107°C.Recommended Applications
- Sealing the seams of outdoor building panels, windows and doors
- Hinge seal on shower doors
- Sealing critical areas from moisture intrusion
- Sealing, wrapping and protecting in outdoor exposure applications
3M™ Weather Resistant Film Tape 838 features an acrylic adhesive that adheres immediately on contact to a variety of substrates. Once bonded, this adhesive will provide high, secure adhesion for extended periods. This adhesive maintains adhesion in climate and temperature change variations. It is also resistant to many solvents, including jet engine fuel, hydraulic fluid and lubricating oils, making it an ideal choice for applications where solvent resistance is needed.
Note: Tedlar is a registered trademark of DuPont
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Catalogs_3m masking and surfac