3M™ Weather Resistant Film Tape 838 is comprised of a strong, thin Tedlar® PVCF Film backing with a high shear strength and a solvent resistant acrylic adhesive. This tape is ideal for many long-term weather resistant and protection applications.
- Tedlar® PVF Film backing provides strength without added thickness
- Excellent resistance to weathering makes it ideal for outdoor exposure applications
- Outstanding mechanical properties and inertness toward a wide variety of chemicals, solvents and staining agents
- Good long-term aging properties because it contains no plasticizers
- Tough and flexible over a broad range of temperatures
|Width||2 in||50.8 mm|
What is 3M™ Weather Resistant Film Tape 838 used for?
3M™ Weather Resistant Film Tape 838 is specifically designed for sealing and repairing outdoor surfaces that might encounter weather fluctuations.
Can it withstand water exposure?
Yes, this tape has a durable backing that can tolerate even the harshest weather conditions - rain, snow, wind or high humidity!
Is it easy to install and remove?
Absolutely! The pressure-sensitive adhesive of the tape allows quick application. Moreover, during removal from almost any surface typically doesn’t leave behind residue.
How much comes in each package when buying it online?
Each case includes twenty-four rolls with dimensions of white filament-reinforced film measuring at two inches wide by thirty-six yards long (2 in x 36 yd).
3M™ Weather Resistant Film Tape 838 is a white, 3.4 mil tape with an acrylic adhesive and a Tedlar® PVF Film backing. The 2.1 mil Tedlar® PVC Film backing provides increased strength without added thickness. This tape is ideally suited for a variety of applications found in building and construction, aerospace, signage, military and the window and door industries. This tape features excellent resistance to weathering along with outstanding mechanical properties and inertness toward a wide variety of chemicals, solvents and staining agents. There are no plasticizers in this product which contribute to good long-term aging properties. The tape is strong and flexible, even under a broad range of temperatures. 3M™ Weather Resistant Film Tape 838 will perform in temperatures ranging from -100°F/-73°C to 225°F/107°C.Recommended Applications
- Sealing the seams of outdoor building panels, windows and doors
- Hinge seal on shower doors
- Sealing critical areas from moisture intrusion
- Sealing, wrapping and protecting in outdoor exposure applications
3M™ Weather Resistant Film Tape 838 features an acrylic adhesive that adheres immediately on contact to a variety of substrates. Once bonded, this adhesive will provide high, secure adhesion for extended periods. This adhesive maintains adhesion in climate and temperature change variations. It is also resistant to many solvents, including jet engine fuel, hydraulic fluid and lubricating oils, making it an ideal choice for applications where solvent resistance is needed.
Note: Tedlar is a registered trademark of DuPont
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Catalogs_3m masking and surfac