Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheels feature a soft, conformable consistency that effectively smooths, deburrs and finishes the edges of metal alloys, as well as many plastics and composites. There are a variety of densities and grades starting from a very soft 2 density for applications requiring conformability to a hard, aggressive 8 density for maximum cut and durability.
- Wheel edge can be dressed for effective deburring, finishing and polishing of all metal alloys and many plastics and composites
- Tough, layered, unitized construction can operate clockwise or counterclockwise directions
- Conformability allows abrasive to stay in contact with complex-shaped parts in robotic processing
- Densities and grades ranging from soft and conformable to hard and aggressive offer utility for a wide variety of applications
- Resists smearing for cleaner surfaces and less preparation
- Minimizes heat build-up to lessen impact on heat-sensitive materials
|Diameter||6 in||152.4 mm|
|Maximum Speed||7,500 rpm|
What is 3M's Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel, XL-UW, 4S Fine used for?
The Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel is ideal for deburring and finishing applications on hard-to-reach areas. It can also be used to blend and polish stainless steel.
What are the dimensions of the wheel?
The wheel measures 6 inches in diameter, has a thickness of 1/4 inch and comes with a standard arbor hole size of half an inch (1/2 in).
How many wheels come in one case?
One case contains eight units (wheels). This makes it convenient if you're looking to purchase products that you need to use over a period while avoiding constant re-ordering.
Consistent Performance on a Variety of Substrates
The Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel is designed to provide a clean edge without smearing, which reduces the need for additional clean up and preparation. It is optimized for use on a die grinder, minimizing heat buildup during operation, making it ideal for use on heat-sensitive materials. This wheel is filled with abrasive minerals that quickly smooth edges of metal, plastic, and composites. It is available in fine, medium, coarse, and extra coarse grades with aluminum oxide, and very fine and fine grades with silicon carbide.
Ideal for Robotic Deburring
Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel is an excellent option for robotic deburring due to its wide range of conformability options and high consistency. It quickly removes burrs and sharp edges in end-of-arm tooling operations, delivering consistent performance throughout the abrasive's life. Scotch-Brite™ offers unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into nonwoven nylon fibers. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results over the life of the product. The open-web material is load-resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers.
- Consistent performance on a variety of substrates
- Clean edge without smearing
- Reduces the need for additional clean up and preparation
- Minimizes heat buildup during operation
- Ideal for use on heat-sensitive materials
- Filled with abrasive minerals to quickly smooth edges of metal, plastic, and composites
- Available in fine, medium, coarse, and extra coarse grades with aluminum oxide, and very fine and fine grades with silicon carbide
- Wide range of conformability options and high consistency
- Excellent option for robotic deburring
- Quickly removes burrs and sharp edges in end-of-arm tooling operations
- Delivers consistent performance throughout the abrasive's life
- Unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into nonwoven nylon fibers
- Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results over the life of the product
- Open-web material is load-resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers