3M™ Cloth Belt 302D is an aluminum oxide belt with open coat construction and a flexible J-weight backing that conforms well for sanding contours and complex parts. It is best-suited for light grinding, finishing, deburring and setting the grain on carbon steel and stainless steel, as well as soft metals like aluminum, brass, bronze and copper.
- Tough aluminum oxide abrasive cuts fast and performs well on most metals
- Flexible cloth backing provides ideal conformability for blending and finishing contours and complex parts
- Open coat construction helps evacuate sanding dust from the belt for a more aggressive cut and longer abrasive life, which means greater productivity
- Suitable for dry metalworking applications
- Resin bonded belt maximizes abrasive life
- Designed for use on backstand grinders, file belt tools and benchtop motors
|Width||2 in||50.8 mm|
|Length||132 in||3352.8 mm|
What is the 3M™ Cloth Belt 302D made of?
The 3M™ Cloth Belt 302D is made from abrasive particles bonded to a cloth backing.
Can I use this belt for sanding metal surfaces?
Yes, absolutely. The P100 grit on this belt makes it ideal for sanding and grinding various metals including stainless steel, carbon steel and aluminum.
How long will this belt last?
The durability of the belt depend upon several factors such as type of material being worked on,and user's operating conditions but they are constructed using high-performance materials that allow them to provide reliable performance for an extended period.
What does "full-flex" mean in the product description?
"Full-flex" refers to special flexibility feature which ensures consistent surface contact at any angle, thus reducing heat sensitivity, leading smoke formation during operation.
Is there anything else I should know about these belts before placing my order?
A:The Film-lok feature in these belts provides easy installation and removal--plus each inner pack includes one splice-free joint per rule series ensuring perfect every time.
3M™ Cloth Belt 302D features an open coat construction that helps to channel sanding swarf and dust away from the belt and workpiece, resulting in better visibility and belt performance. The abrasive and backing are resin bonded to ensure that the belt runs until the abrasive is completely worn. This belt is ideal for operations that require added flexibility.Made with Durable, Fast-Cutting Aluminum Oxide
Aluminum oxide mineral is a popular choice among industrial professionals due to its cut-rate, durability, and long life. It can be used on a wide variety of materials in metalworking, including ferrous alloys, and is the most commonly used industrial abrasive. The abrasive particles are adhered to the cloth backing with resin, creating a strong bond that withstands high heat and pressure.The Benefits of Open-Coat Construction
Loading occurs when swarf or paint dust clogs the surface of the belt and the abrasive points, rendering the belt ineffective. Open coat construction means the abrasive grains are spaced slightly apart so that dust and debris have an outlet rather than loading the abrasive. These attributes make 3M™ Cloth Belt 302D great for use on soft metals like aluminum, brass, bronze, and copper. Additionally, the open coat construction provides a more aggressive cut than a comparable closed coat abrasive of the same grade.
- Open coat construction helps channel sanding swarf and dust away from the belt and workpiece
- Resin bonded abrasive and backing ensure the belt runs until the abrasive is completely worn
- Recommended for operations that require added flexibility
- Aluminum oxide mineral is durable, fast-cutting, and long-lasting
- Open coat construction prevents loading and provides a more aggressive cut
- Ideal for use on soft metals like aluminum, brass, bronze, and copper