3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 987C offers significant gains in productivity on medium to heavy-duty operations thanks to the exceptionally high-performing 3M Precision-Shaped Grain combined with a stiff fiber backing. This disc achieves a higher cut-rate, greater durability, and longer life than other fiber discs — all with less grinding pressure.
- 3M Precision-Shaped Grain maintains super-sharp points that cut exceptionally fast with less pressure
- Mineral runs cooler and disc life is significantly longer, completing more parts per disc and requiring fewer disc changes
- Reduces changeouts and downtime in robotic and pressure-assisted applications
- Stiff fiber backing and a strong resin bond provide durability and tear-resistance for heavyweight applications such as high-pressure weld grinding or beveling
- Grinding aid incorporated on the disc minimizes grinding temperatures for heat-sensitive alloys
|Diameter||4-1/2 in||114.3 mm|
|Maximum Speed||13,300 rpm|
What is 3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 987C?
It is a high-performance fiber disc designed for use on stainless steel and other alloys.
What does TN Quick Change mean?
TN stands for Turn-On. These discs have a quick-change attachment system that makes it easy to swap out discs without the need of any tools, machine downtime or assembly/disassembly steps.
What size are these discs?
The diameter of these disc measures about 4-1/2 inches.
How many fibre discs come in one case?
There are 100 fibre discs per case which we call "bulk purchase".
Can you tell me the grit grade of this product?
; Yes! This fiber disc has an abrasion value of '80+'.
Ideal for Robotic Weld Grinding
In medium and high-pressure applications like robotic weld grinding, it's important to choose a high-performance abrasive that cuts fast and lasts long. The self-fracturing mineral in 3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 987C will keep your robot grinding welds long after other abrasives call it quits, reducing downtime and maximizing efficiency.
- Heavy duty metalworking applications
- Flame-cut edge cleanup
- High pressure grinding
- Right angle grinding
- Edge chamfering
- Weld removal and finishing
- Edge beveling
- Gate removal
About 3M Precision-Shaped Grain
To create 3M Precision-Shaped Grain, engineers start with 3M™ Ceramic Abrasive Grain and use proprietary technology to form the grains into triangular structures and electrostatically orient them on the backing to form sharp peaks that maximize cutting potential. These peaks slice cleanly through metal, rather than gouging or plowing as traditional abrasive grains do; and continuously self-sharpen as the points break off. This generates a super-fast cut and lessens heat build-up due to friction, reducing heat-related stress cracks and discoloration. The mineral also wears evenly, and because the abrasive stays cooler and sharper, 3M™ Cubitron™ II abrasives last significantly longer than their conventional ceramic counterparts, ensuring extended high performance in production applications.