3M™ Hookit™ Clean Sanding Low Profile Finishing Disc Pad is constructed of soft density foam with a 10 degree blunt tapered edge and is recommended for finishing applications on flat or contoured surfaces where dust evacuation is needed. Use this disc pad with grades 220 and higher 3M™ Clean Sanding or 3M™ Hookit™ D/F discs (sold separately).
- Multi-hole pattern maximizes dust extraction with a self-generated vacuum system (sold separately)
- Low profile soft density beige foam provides flexibility to conform to a variety of complex surface geometries
- 3M™ Hookit™ attachment provides easy and quick disc changes
- Recommended for finishing applications using fine grade abrasives
|Diameter||6 in||152.4 mm|
|Thickness||0.37 in||9.39 mm|
|Thread Size||5/16-24 EXT|
What is the 3M Xtract™ Low Profile Back-up Pad made of?
The low profile back-up pad is made of red foam material which weighs only a few ounces.
How many holes are there in this back-up pad?
There are external 53 holes in this low profile back-up pad.
How many pieces can I get if I purchase the 3M part number 20465.
You will receive a total of ten (10) pads per case if you purchase the item no. 20465.
. Do you offer other sizes for the XtractTM backing pads or just one size, and how does it help my operations?
. We have multiple options available in regards to outside diameter, hole configuration, and density so that it adapts more readily to specific applications and enhances productivity while maintaining consistency on all levels from start to finish performance-wise!
The 3M™ Hookit™ Clean Sanding Low Profile Finishing Disc Pad is designed with soft density foam that provides additional conformability for final finishing applications. This is especially useful when the workpiece has previously been leveled and refined using coarser grade abrasives on firm or medium back up pads.
When used with a vacuum and a Clean Sanding abrasive disc, the pad's uniquely designed holes and channels allow dust to be pulled through the holes and away from the sanding surface. This prevents loading, increases productivity, and provides a cleaner work environment.Keep it Clean
The 3M™ Clean Sanding dust management system is optimized to evacuate dust from the work surface better than 5- or 6-hole products. This dramatically increases disc life and maximizes cut-rate.
The Clean Sanding system can be used with a self-generated vacuum sanding tool fitted with a Clean Sanding filter bag (sold separately), or with a central vacuum system. This system provides dust extraction from the air surrounding the tool, as well as directly from the work surface. This reduces loading of the disc and adds life to the abrasive.
- Soft density foam for additional conformability
- Uniquely designed holes and channels for dust extraction
- Increases productivity and provides a cleaner work environment
- Optimized to evacuate dust better than 5- or 6-hole products
- Maximizes cut-rate and increases disc life
- Can be used with a self-generated vacuum sanding tool or central vacuum system
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Safety Inserts_accessories saf