The 3M™ Cubitron™ II Roloc™ Fibre Disc 987C is designed for heavy duty metalworking applications such as weld grinding, beveling and flame-cut edge clean-up. This product uses 3M Precision-Shaped Grain on a fiber backing for fast grinding and blending.
- 3M Precision Shaped Grain (PSG) maintains super-sharp points that cut exceptionally fast with less pressure
- PSG runs cooler, reducing metal discoloration/oxidation and the chance of heat related stress cracks
- Disc life is significantly longer, completing more parts per disc and requiring fewer disc changes
- Grinding aid reduces grinding temperatures for processes involving heat-sensitive alloys such as stainless steel, nickel alloys and titanium
- 3M™ Roloc™ attachment system provides for easy disc changes between grades or applications
- Stiff fiber backing and a strong resin bond provide durability and tear-resistance for heavyweight applications such as high-pressure weld grinding
|Diameter||1-1/2 in||38.1 mm|
|Maximum Speed||30,000 rpm|
What is 3M™ Cubitron™ II Roloc™ Fibre Disc 987C, 36+, TR?
3M™ Cubitron™ II Roloc™ Fibre Disc 987C, 36+ ,TR is a high-performing abrasive disc designed to provide extremely fast cut and long life.
What are the product dimensions?
The product has a diameter of about 1-1/2 inches with die R150S grit.
How many discs come in each case and inner packaging?
Each case comes with 500 units while each inner pack includes fifty (50) disc units. This allows for bulk purchasing which can lead to cost savings over time.
3M™ Fibre 987C products incorporate a grinding aid to keep the workpiece cooler, protecting heat-sensitive alloys from heat damage and reducing re-work. These features offer increased productivity for heavy-duty grinding on all metals, including stainless steel.Recommended Applications
- Heavy duty metalworking applications
- Flame-cut edge cleanup
- High pressure grinding
- Right angle grinding
- Edge chamfering
- Weld removal and finishing
- Edge beveling
- Gate removal
To create PSG, engineers start with 3M™ Ceramic Abrasive Grain and use proprietary technology to form the grains into triangular structures and electrostatically orient them on the backing to form sharp peaks that maximize cutting potential. These peaks slice cleanly through metal, rather than gouging or plowing as traditional abrasive grains do; and continuously self-sharpen as the points break off. This generates a super-fast cut and lessens heat build-up due to friction, reducing heat-related stress cracks and discoloration. PSG also wears evenly, and because the abrasive stays cooler and sharper, Cubitron II products last significantly longer than their conventional ceramic counterparts, ensuring extended high performance in production applications. Cubitron™ II products achieve a fast cut rate and a long product life.