Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheels feature a soft, conformable consistency that effectively smooths, deburrs and finishes the edges of metal alloys, as well as many plastics and composites. There are a variety of densities and grades starting from a very soft 2 density for applications requiring conformability to a hard, aggressive 8 density for maximum cut and durability.
- Wheel edge can be dressed for effective deburring, finishing and polishing of all metal alloys and many plastics and composites
- Tough, layered, unitized construction can operate clockwise or counterclockwise directions
- Conformability allows abrasive to stay in contact with complex-shaped parts in robotic processing
- Densities and grades ranging from soft and conformable to hard and aggressive offer utility for a wide variety of applications
- Resists smearing for cleaner surfaces and less preparation
- Minimizes heat build-up to lessen impact on heat-sensitive materials
|Diameter||3 in||76.2 mm|
|Maximum Speed||18,100 rpm|
What is the material used in the Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel?
The wheel is made of a special non-woven material.
What are the dimensions of this unitized wheel?
The wheel measures 3 inches in diameter, 1/8 inch thick, and comes with a 1/4 inch attachment.
How many wheels are included per case?
There are 40 unitized wheels included per case.
Can I get a custom order for this product?
Yes, we offer custom orders for this product. Please contact us to discuss your specific needs.
What does "6S FIN" mean in relation to this product?
The "6S FIN" refers to the level of abrasiveness of the wheel. This signifies that it has been designed with fine-grade abrasive minerals to suit various finishing applications.
Consistent Performance on a Variety of Substrates
The Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel is designed to provide a clean edge without smearing, which reduces the need for additional clean up and preparation. It is optimized for use on a die grinder, minimizing heat buildup during operation, making it ideal for use on heat-sensitive materials. This wheel is filled with abrasive minerals that quickly smooth edges of metal, plastic, and composites. It is available in fine, medium, coarse, and extra coarse grades with aluminum oxide, and very fine and fine grades with silicon carbide.
Ideal for Robotic Deburring
Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheel is an excellent option for robotic deburring due to its wide range of conformability options and high consistency. It quickly removes burrs and sharp edges in end-of-arm tooling operations, delivering consistent performance throughout the abrasive's life. Scotch-Brite™ offers unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into nonwoven nylon fibers. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results over the life of the product. The open-web material is load-resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers.
- Aluminum oxide in fine, medium, coarse, and extra coarse grades
- Silicon carbide in very fine and fine grades
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Safety Inserts_3m abrasive whe