3M™ Cloth Belt 461F is constructed of sharp silicon carbide abrasive that fractures easily and consistently produces an excellent finish for the duration of the belt life. This resin-bonded cloth belt gives you flexibility, durability, and consistent performance for grinding, blending, deburring, and finishing on all metals.
- Sharp silicon carbide mineral cuts faster than aluminum oxide and produces a consistent finish
- Tough, water-resistant polyester backing supports wet or dry applications from heavy-duty grinding to fine finishing without tearing or nicking
- Cloth backing provides flexibility
- Heat-resistant resin coating bonds abrasive to backing for durability under pressure, heat, and water
- Use on backstands for grinding and finishing applications
|Width||4 in||101.6 mm|
|Length||156 in||3962.4 mm|
What is the grit size of the 3M™ Cloth Belt 461F, P100 YF-weight, 4 in x 156 in?
The grit size of this cloth belt is P100.
What application is this particular cloth belt best suited for?
This cloth belt works best for precision roll grinding and has a sine-lok angle of 45°. It also uses Single-flex technology to provide long life.
How many pieces come in each case when ordering?
Each case comes with 50 pieces of the clothe belt included inside it.
. Is there any other specification I should be aware about before placing my order for this product?
. Yes! Apart from what we have mentioned earlier, you would want to ensure your machine can handle its maximum operating speed which is usually around 1750 rpm for belts like these.
Tough Durability for Coarse Grinding
3M™ Cloth Belt 461F is a heavy-duty abrasive belt that is commonly used for coarse grade grinding on stainless steel, titanium, and glass polishing. The belt is made of heavy polyester cloth backing that provides rugged durability and tear-resistance, making it suitable for wet or dry applications. The belts come in both YF-weight polyester and XF-weight polyester.
Superior Finish Sanding with Silicon Carbide
Silicon carbide is a very hard and sharp mineral that is commonly used for low-pressure applications such as paint prep and the final stages of whitewood sanding, as well as grinding applications on metal. It can also be used for glass and mirror grinding, finishing, and polishing. Although it may have a shorter life than aluminum oxide, it produces a superior finish and should be used where the best possible finish is desired.
Belt Sizes for Every Application
Abrasive belts come in many different widths and lengths and are used on a variety of different belt sanding tools for many different applications on both wood and metal. 3M offers a broad selection of belts to fit most any industrial belt sander. Wider belts are used with wide belt sanders to dimension or finish wood panels, smooth rough cut edges of metal sheets, or add a grain pattern to stainless steel sheets. Medium-width belts fit onto edge sanders for sanding flat, narrow surfaces such as panel edges; and narrow belts are used with portable belt sanders for sanding or blending wood pieces such as cabinet doors.
- 3M™ Cloth Belt 461F is a heavy-duty abrasive belt that is commonly used for coarse grade grinding on stainless steel, titanium, and glass polishing.
- Silicon carbide is a very hard and sharp mineral that is commonly used for low-pressure applications such as paint prep and the final stages of whitewood sanding, as well as grinding applications on metal.
- Abrasive belts come in many different widths and lengths and are used on a variety of different belt sanding tools for many different applications on both wood and metal.