3M™ Cloth Belt 461F is constructed of sharp silicon carbide abrasive that fractures easily and consistently produces an excellent finish for the duration of the belt life. This resin-bonded cloth belt gives you flexibility, durability, and consistent performance for grinding, blending, deburring, and finishing on all metals.
- Sharp silicon carbide mineral cuts faster than aluminum oxide and produces a consistent finish
- Tough, water-resistant polyester backing supports wet or dry applications from heavy-duty grinding to fine finishing without tearing or nicking
- Cloth backing provides flexibility
- Heat-resistant resin coating bonds abrasive to backing for durability under pressure, heat, and water
- Use on backstands for grinding and finishing applications
|Width||62 in||1574.8 mm|
|Length||243 in||6172.2 mm|
What is the 3M™ Cloth Belt 461F?
The 3M™ Cloth Belt 461F is an abrasive belt designed for use in sanding, grinding, and finishing applications. It features a YF-weight backing that provides durability and strength.
What does P100 mean?
P100 refers to the grit size of the abrasive particles on the belt. In this case, it means that the particles are fine enough to provide a smooth finish while also removing material quickly.
Can you explain what Sine-lok and Single-flex mean?
Sine-lok refers to a type of attachment mechanism that allows for easy and secure installation of the abrasive belt onto machinery. Single-flex refers to flexibility in only one direction so they move smoothly and work well with contours on parts being finished or grinded
Is this product available in bulk quantity orders?
Yes! A single pallet comes with 25 belts at dimensions of Length (imperial)62 in x Width (imperial)243 in which can help reduce inventory costs by ordering large quantities per order.
3M™ Cloth Belt 461F is a heavy-duty abrasive belt that is commonly used for coarse grade grinding on stainless steel, titanium, and glass polishing. The belt is made of heavy polyester cloth backing that provides rugged durability and tear-resistance, making it suitable for wet or dry applications. The belts come in both YF-weight polyester and XF-weight polyester.Superior Finish Sanding with Silicon Carbide
Silicon carbide is a very hard and sharp mineral that is commonly used for low-pressure applications such as paint prep and the final stages of whitewood sanding, as well as grinding applications on metal. It can also be used for glass and mirror grinding, finishing, and polishing. Although it may have a shorter life than aluminum oxide, it produces a superior finish and should be used where the best possible finish is desired.Belt Sizes for Every Application
Abrasive belts come in many different widths and lengths and are used on a variety of different belt sanding tools for many different applications on both wood and metal. 3M offers a broad selection of belts to fit most any industrial belt sander. Wider belts are used with wide belt sanders to dimension or finish wood panels, smooth rough cut edges of metal sheets, or add a grain pattern to stainless steel sheets. Medium-width belts fit onto edge sanders for sanding flat, narrow surfaces such as panel edges; and narrow belts are used with portable belt sanders for sanding or blending wood pieces such as cabinet doors.
- 3M™ Cloth Belt 461F is commonly used for coarse grade grinding on stainless steel, titanium, and glass polishing.
- The belt is made of heavy polyester cloth backing that provides rugged durability and tear-resistance, making it suitable for wet or dry applications.
- Silicon carbide is a very hard and sharp mineral that is commonly used for low-pressure applications such as paint prep and the final stages of whitewood sanding, as well as grinding applications on metal.
- 3M offers a broad selection of belts to fit most any industrial belt sander.