3M™ Hookit™ Paper Disc 236U offers aggressive cut and long life on a premium aluminum oxide disc with a durable edge and convenient Hookit™ attachment. A go-to product in many industrial operations, this durable disc is well suited for high production sanding operations as well as general purpose applications on paint, primer, wood, metal, plastic, and composites, including fiberglass.
- Premium aluminum oxide mineral is durable, cuts fast, and performs well on many surfaces
- Strong, C-weight paper backing supports aggressive sanding with extra durability compared to lighter weight paper backings
- Open coat construction and load-resistant coating prevent premature loading of the disc surface to maximize cut and extend abrasive life
- 3M™ Hookit™ discs are easy to change and reuse, maximizing sanding utility for the life of the disc
|Diameter||5 in||128 mm|
|Maximum Speed||12,000 rpm|
What is the Hookit™ Paper Disc 236U?
The 3M™ Hookit™ Paper Disc 236U is a high-quality abrasive sanding disc designed for use in paint preparation and wood finishing applications.
What does P120 C-weight mean?
The designation "P120" refers to the grit size, which is medium-coarse, suitable for moderate material removal. The letter "C" denotes the backing weight of a paper-based material that provides flexibility during manual or non-heavy-duty machine sanding.
Can you explain what NH means in terms of size?
"NH" stands for "no hole." This product comes without any punched holes because it's primarily used on random orbital sanders with vacuum suction capabilities from their base plates.
How many discs come per case?
Each case contains 250 discs total, which are packaged in five separate inner boxes each housing fifty pieces individually wrapped plastic sleeves perfect for keeping them clean and away from moisture or water exposure while stored before usage saving you both shelf space and replenishment time when needed
What application should I use this particular model of disc with?
The Hookit™ attachment mechanism allows quick switching between grits and reattachment multiple times helping optimize your dust-free surface finishing process hook-and-loop feature well suited to low-speed machines such as DA sanders - intended mainly for feather-edging, scuffing prior to painting surfaces undercoating (ie., primers) among other uses involving metals fiberglass.
Product Description: 3M™ Hookit™ Paper Disc 236U
The 3M™ Hookit™ Paper Disc 236U is a sanding disc designed for use with a random orbital sander. The disc features a strong C-weight paper backing that resists tearing and edgewear during aggressive sanding. Additionally, the disc is resin-bonded for heat-resistance, which increases its life and cut.
The 3M™ Hookit™ Paper Disc 236U also features an open coat and a load-resistant coating that enhances dust management and cut-rate. The load-resistant coating allows the disc to continue cutting even when sanding softwoods, paints, and other materials that would otherwise clog the surface of the disc and hinder sanding ability. The open coat means that the abrasive grains are spaced slightly apart, allowing dust to escape rather than obstructing the cutting edge of the grains. This optimizes cut-rate and disc life.
Sanding discs come in various forms to fit different power tools and disc pads. The 3M™ Hookit™ Paper Disc 236U is designed to attach conveniently and firmly to a hook-and-loop backup disc pad (sold separately) on a random orbital sander. It can be removed cleanly and easily and is simple to reuse. The load-resistant coating prevents wood dust, paint particles, and other debris from prematurely clogging the surface of the disc, optimizing cut-rate and disc life.
- Strong C-weight paper backing resists tearing and edgewear during aggressive sanding
- Resin-bonded for heat-resistance, increasing life and cut
- Open coat and load-resistant coating enhance dust management and cut-rate
- Load-resistant coating allows the disc to continue cutting even when sanding softwoods, paints, and other materials that would otherwise clog the surface of the disc and hinder sanding ability
- Designed to attach conveniently and firmly to a hook-and-loop backup disc pad (sold separately) on a random orbital sander
- Load-resistant coating prevents wood dust, paint particles, and other debris from prematurely clogging the surface of the disc, optimizing cut-rate and disc life