Constructed with an extremely conformable backing, 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483 is designed to be used in a wide variety of general purpose applications including sealing, holding, coding, moisture proofing and protecting. This tape is coated with a rubber adhesive that bonds well and removes cleanly from most surfaces. 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483 is available in a variety of vivid colors.
- Extremely flexible backing enables tape to stretch and conform to textured and irregular surfaces
- Polyethylene backing has a low water vapor transmission rate and provides good solvent, alkali resistance
- Rubber adhesive bonds well and removes cleanly from most surfaces
- Tape remains adhered and flexible to temperatures as low as -20°F
- Vivid colors and smooth backing provide excellent glossy appearance
- Black tape has excellent UV resistance and can be used outdoors for up to 12 months
|Center Hole Diameter
What is the benefit of using 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483?
Our blue, polyethylene tape has excellent resistance to abrasion, moisture and most chemicals. It also offers good adhesion to steel, making it a great choice for use in long term outdoor applications.
How wide is each roll of 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483?
Each roll measures at a width of one inch or 25.4 millimeters.
Can I purchase just one roll of this tape instead of a full case?
Yes! We offer individual rolls for sale on our website as well as through our authorized retail partners.
Is there any special equipment required when applying this tape?
. Nope! Even though it is designed primarily to be used with other industrial equipment and tools like sandblasting media, there are no additional adhesive activators needed since the acrylic adhesive will bond instantly once pressure is applied during application process..
3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483 is a versatile tape that can stretch easily and conform to irregular surfaces for a tight seal. The tape has a smooth backing that provides good resistance to solvents and alkalis. It is coated with a rubber adhesive that bonds well to many surfaces and typically removes cleanly. This tape is resilient and can be used in outdoor applications and temperatures ranging from -20°F/-29°C to 170°F/77°C. The black version of this tape can be used in outdoor applications for up to one year and will remove cleanly from most surfaces.Recommended Applications
- General sealing of containers and irregular shaped objects
- Separation of dissimilar metals
- Decorative, safety marking and color coding
- Nuclear power plant maintenance applications
- Corrosion sensitive applications
- Outdoor applications of sealing, protecting and preserving