Constructed with an extremely conformable backing, 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483 is designed to be used in a wide variety of general purpose applications including sealing, holding, coding, moisture proofing and protecting. This tape is coated with a rubber adhesive that bonds well and removes cleanly from most surfaces. 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483 is available in a variety of vivid colors.
- Extremely flexible backing enables tape to stretch and conform to textured and irregular surfaces
- Polyethylene backing has a low water vapor transmission rate and provides good solvent, alkali resistance
- Rubber adhesive bonds well and removes cleanly from most surfaces
- Tape remains adhered and flexible to temperatures as low as -20°F
- Vivid colors and smooth backing provide excellent glossy appearance
- Black tape has excellent UV resistance and can be used outdoors for up to 12 months
|Center Hole Diameter
What is the recommended use for 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483?
This tape has been designed to protect surfaces from scratches, abrasion and impact. It is suitable for application on metal, plastic and painted surfaces.
How many rolls of tape come in a case of 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483?
There are a total of 24 rolls per case that comes individually wrapped for your convenience.
Is the adhesive residue-free when removing this tape off different surfaces?
Yes, our Polyethylene Tape features an excellent bonding effect that sticks securely to surfaces without leaving any sticky residues behind during removal.
3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483 is a versatile tape that can stretch easily and conform to irregular surfaces for a tight seal. The tape has a smooth backing that provides good resistance to solvents and alkalis. It is coated with a rubber adhesive that bonds well to many surfaces and typically removes cleanly. This tape is resilient and can be used in outdoor applications and temperatures ranging from -20°F/-29°C to 170°F/77°C. The black version of this tape can be used in outdoor applications for up to one year and will remove cleanly from most surfaces.Recommended Applications
- General sealing of containers and irregular shaped objects
- Separation of dissimilar metals
- Decorative, safety marking and color coding
- Nuclear power plant maintenance applications
- Corrosion sensitive applications
- Outdoor applications of sealing, protecting and preserving