Constructed with an extremely conformable backing, 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483 is designed to be used in a wide variety of general purpose applications including sealing, holding, coding, moisture proofing and protecting. This tape is coated with a rubber adhesive that bonds well and removes cleanly from most surfaces. 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483 is available in a variety of vivid colors.
- Extremely flexible backing enables tape to stretch and conform to textured and irregular surfaces
- Polyethylene backing has a low water vapor transmission rate and provides good solvent, alkali resistance
- Rubber adhesive bonds well and removes cleanly from most surfaces
- Tape remains adhered and flexible to temperatures as low as -20°F
- Vivid colors and smooth backing provide excellent glossy appearance
- Black tape has excellent UV resistance and can be used outdoors for up to 12 months
|Center Hole Diameter
What kind of material is the 3M Polyethylene Tape 483 made of?
The 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483 is made from a durable, tear-resistant polyethylene film.
What makes this tape transparent?
This tape features a clear acetate backing that allows light to pass through, making it highly transparent for better visibility during use.
How long is each roll of tape and how many come in a case?
Each roll of the 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483 measures at a length of 36 yards and there are 36 rolls included per case.
Is this tape easy to apply and remove?
Yes, one great feature about this tape is its easy application process. It has excellent initial adhesion which means it sticks easily on contact. Likewise, when you want to remove or reposition the product later on without leaving any residue behind, it's also very easy!
What level of durability can I expect with the use of this tape?
; Built with five mil thickness as an industrial polyester packaging grade adhesive door masking polytape goes through rigorous testing processes , thus providing exceptional strength & durability against elements like abrasion and stickiness even under extreme conditions.
3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483 is a versatile tape that can stretch easily and conform to irregular surfaces for a tight seal. The tape has a smooth backing that provides good resistance to solvents and alkalis. It is coated with a rubber adhesive that bonds well to many surfaces and typically removes cleanly. This tape is resilient and can be used in outdoor applications and temperatures ranging from -20°F/-29°C to 170°F/77°C. The black version of this tape can be used in outdoor applications for up to one year and will remove cleanly from most surfaces.Recommended Applications
- General sealing of containers and irregular shaped objects
- Separation of dissimilar metals
- Decorative, safety marking and color coding
- Nuclear power plant maintenance applications
- Corrosion sensitive applications
- Outdoor applications of sealing, protecting and preserving