3M™ Paper Sheet 346U is constructed of aluminum oxide and comes in a range of grades and sizes to accommodate many different projects. The paper backing is durable for coarse sanding, yet flexible enough to be used on curved surfaces. Its cut-rate and durability make this an excellent choice for blending the joints of connecting pieces in wood- and metal-working.
- Tough aluminum oxide abrasive cuts fast and performs well on many surfaces
- Load resistant open-coat feature enables longer use before replacement
- Strong, D-weight paper backing supports aggressive sanding
- Sheets are conformable to various workpieces and usable by either hand or machine
- Sheets come in a number of sizes to accommodate various applications
|Width||17-1/2 in||444.5 mm|
|Length||2-3/4 in||69.9 cm|
What is the grit size of 3M™ Paper Sheet 346U?
The 3M™ Paper Sheet 346U has a grit size of 40 D-weight.
What are the dimensions of each sheet in this package?
Each sheet measures at 2-3/4 in x 17-1/2 in.
How many cases come with this product, and how many sheets are included per case?
There are five cases included with this product, with a total of one hundred sheets per case. That means there would be a total of five hundred sheets.
Aluminum oxide is a highly durable mineral that maintains sharp points on the grains for a longer period compared to natural abrasives like emery or garnet. The sandpaper features an open-coat construction where the abrasive grains are attached with some space between them. This design helps minimize the accumulation of dust on the paper's surface, preventing the abrasive points from getting clogged. The issue of loading, which often occurs when sanding soft materials, is effectively addressed by this open-coat construction. By reducing the clogging of the abrasive, the usable life of the sandpaper sheet is extended.
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Catalogs_3m industrial product