3M™ Hookit™ Paper Sheet 236U offers aggressive cut and long life on a premium aluminum oxide sheet with a durable edge and convenient 3M™ Hookit™ attachment. A go-to product in many industrial operations, this durable sheet is well suited for high production sanding operations as well as general purpose applications on paint, primer, wood, metal, plastic, and composites, including fiberglass.
- Premium aluminum oxide mineral is durable, cuts fast, and performs well on many surfaces
- Strong, C-weight paper backing supports aggressive sanding with extra durability compared to lighter weight paper backings
- Open coat construction and load-resistant coating prevent premature loading of the sheet surface to maximize cut and extend abrasive life
- 3M™ Hookit™ sheets are easy to change and reuse, maximizing sanding utility for the life of the sheet
- Hook-and-loop feature provides reliable attachment
|Width||4 in||101.6 mm|
|Length||3 in||76.2 cm|
What is the size of 3M™ Hookit™ Paper Sheet 236U?
The size of 3M™ Hookit™ Paper Sheet 236U is 3 in x 4 in.
What does "P320 C-weight" mean on the product description?
"P320 C-weight" means that the abrasive paper has a grit rating of P320, which indicates a medium sanding finish. Also, it has a weight designation of "C," indicating its level of sturdiness.
How many sheets are included in an inner package and case for this item?
There are fifty (50) sheets per inner package and ten (10) inner packages per case, totaling to five hundred (500) sheets per case.
Can I use this abrasive paper with any type of sander?
Yes! This versatile paper works with most orbital sanders and can be easily attached using a hook-and-loop attachment system. It isn't required to use any special type or brand.
Product Description: 3M™ Hookit™ Paper Sheet 236U
The 3M™ Hookit™ Paper Sheet 236U is designed to be used with a 3 x 4 inch orbital sander. The sheet has a strong C-weight paper backing that resists tearing and edgewear during aggressive sanding. Additionally, the sheet is resin-bonded for heat-resistance, which further increases its life and cut.
The sheet features an open coat and a load-resistant coating that enhances dust management and cut-rate. The load-resistant coating allows the sheet to continue cutting even when sanding softwoods, paints, and other materials that would otherwise clog the surface of the sheet and hinder sanding ability. The open coat means that the abrasive grains are spaced slightly apart so that dust can escape rather than obstructing the cutting edge of the grains, thereby optimizing cut-rate and sheet life.
The 3M™ Hookit™ Sheet conveniently and firmly attaches to a 3 x 4 inch (75 x 100mm) 3M™ Hookit™ Pad (sold separately) on a 3 x 4 inch 3M™ Orbital Sander. The Hookit™ sheets are quick and easy to change when switching from one grade to another and can be reused again and again for the extent of the sheet life (whereas adhesive-backed sheets are typically discarded after one use because the adhesive backing will not re-adhere a second time).
Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its fast cut-rate and long life. This mineral makes a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges, whereas traditional natural abrasives dull more quickly. Due to its fast cut-rate, hardness, and strength, it is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing applications. Aluminum oxide is suitable for a wide variety of materials in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
- Strong C-weight paper backing resists tearing and edgewear during aggressive sanding
- Resin-bonded for heat-resistance, further increasing life and cut
- Open coat and load-resistant coating enhance dust management and cut-rate
- Conveniently and firmly attaches to a 3 x 4 inch (75 x 100mm) 3M™ Hookit™ Pad (sold separately) on a 3 x 4 inch 3M™ Orbital Sander
- Quick and easy to change when switching from one grade to another
- Can be reused again and again for the extent of the sheet life
- Aluminum oxide is suitable for a wide variety of materials in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys