3M™ Cloth Belt 461F is constructed of sharp silicon carbide abrasive that fractures easily and consistently produces an excellent finish for the duration of the belt life. This resin-bonded cloth belt gives you flexibility, durability, and consistent performance for grinding, blending, deburring, and finishing on all metals.
- Sharp silicon carbide mineral cuts faster than aluminum oxide and produces a consistent finish
- Tough, water-resistant polyester backing supports wet or dry applications from heavy-duty grinding to fine finishing without tearing or nicking
- Cloth backing provides flexibility
- Heat-resistant resin coating bonds abrasive to backing for durability under pressure, heat, and water
- Use on backstands for grinding and finishing applications
|Width||4 in||101.6 mm|
|Length||156 in||3962.4 mm|
What is the 3M Cloth Belt 461F made of?
The 3M Cloth Belt 461F is made of premium aluminum oxide mineral and polyester X-weight cloth backing.
What grit size does the P220 XF-weight version have?
The P220 XF-weight version has a grit size of 220, which makes it ideal for light stock removal and finishing on metal substrates.
Can I use this belt for wet sanding applications?
Yes, the durable XF weight backing resists tearing in wet environments. However, we recommend using it with caution as excessive water exposure can shorten its lifespan.
What applications is this product suitable for?
The Cloth Belt 461F series is recommended primarily for metalworking applications such as deburring, blending, grinding or polishing stainless steel and other alloys. It can also be used on wood if you want to achieve a smooth finish after rough-grinding with coarser belts first.
Is there any guarantee that comes with these belts?
Yes! We take pride in our products and offer customer satisfaction guarantees. If you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us so we can make it right!
Tough Durability for Coarse Grinding
3M™ Cloth Belt 461F is a heavy-duty abrasive belt that is commonly used for coarse grade grinding on stainless steel, titanium, and glass polishing. The belt is made of heavy polyester cloth backing that provides rugged durability and tear-resistance, making it suitable for wet or dry applications. The belts come in both YF-weight polyester and XF-weight polyester.
Superior Finish Sanding with Silicon Carbide
Silicon carbide is a very hard and sharp mineral that is commonly used for low-pressure applications such as paint prep and the final stages of whitewood sanding, as well as grinding applications on metal. It can also be used for glass and mirror grinding, finishing, and polishing. Although it may have a shorter life than aluminum oxide, it produces a superior finish and should be used where the best possible finish is desired.
Belt Sizes for Every Application
Abrasive belts come in many different widths and lengths and are used on a variety of different belt sanding tools for many different applications on both wood and metal. 3M offers a broad selection of belts to fit most any industrial belt sander. Wider belts are used with wide belt sanders to dimension or finish wood panels, smooth rough cut edges of metal sheets, or add a grain pattern to stainless steel sheets. Medium-width belts fit onto edge sanders for sanding flat, narrow surfaces such as panel edges; and narrow belts are used with portable belt sanders for sanding or blending wood pieces such as cabinet doors.
- 3M™ Cloth Belt 461F is a heavy-duty abrasive belt that is commonly used for coarse grade grinding on stainless steel, titanium, and glass polishing.
- Silicon carbide is a very hard and sharp mineral that is commonly used for low-pressure applications such as paint prep and the final stages of whitewood sanding, as well as grinding applications on metal.
- Abrasive belts come in many different widths and lengths and are used on a variety of different belt sanding tools for many different applications on both wood and metal.