3M™ Cloth Belt 461F is constructed of sharp silicon carbide abrasive that fractures easily and consistently produces an excellent finish for the duration of the belt life. This resin-bonded cloth belt gives you flexibility, durability, and consistent performance for grinding, blending, deburring, and finishing on all metals.
- Sharp silicon carbide mineral cuts faster than aluminum oxide and produces a consistent finish
- Tough, water-resistant polyester backing supports wet or dry applications from heavy-duty grinding to fine finishing without tearing or nicking
- Cloth backing provides flexibility
- Heat-resistant resin coating bonds abrasive to backing for durability under pressure, heat, and water
- Use on backstands for grinding and finishing applications
|Width||3-1/2 in||88.9 mm|
|Length||132 in||3352.8 mm|
What materials are compatible with the 3M™ Cloth Belt 461F?
The 3M™ Cloth Belt 461F is suitable for use on a wide variety of different substrates, including woods, metals, and plastics.
How durable is the abrasive material on the belt?
The abrasive material on the 3M™ Cloth Belt 461F has been designed to be exceptionally durable. It offers long-lasting performance even under heavy use or in high-pressure applications.
Can I expect consistent results when using this cloth belt?
Yes! Engineers designed the manufacturing process for these belts so that each one provides predictable results every time you use them.
. Are there specific conditions where this belt performs best?
. Yes! This particular cloth belt has been designed to perform at its best in tough grinding applications involving stainless steel or nickel alloy workpieces.
3M™ Cloth Belt 461F is a heavy-duty abrasive belt that is commonly used for coarse grade grinding on stainless steel, titanium, and glass polishing. The belt is made of heavy polyester cloth backing that provides rugged durability and tear-resistance, making it suitable for wet or dry applications. The belts come in both YF-weight polyester and XF-weight polyester.Superior Finish Sanding with Silicon Carbide
Silicon carbide is a very hard and sharp mineral that is commonly used for low-pressure applications such as paint prep and the final stages of whitewood sanding, as well as grinding applications on metal. It can also be used for glass and mirror grinding, finishing, and polishing. Although it may have a shorter life than aluminum oxide, it produces a superior finish and should be used where the best possible finish is desired.Belt Sizes for Every Application
Abrasive belts come in many different widths and lengths and are used on a variety of different belt sanding tools for many different applications on both wood and metal. 3M offers a broad selection of belts to fit most any industrial belt sander. Wider belts are used with wide belt sanders to dimension or finish wood panels, smooth rough cut edges of metal sheets, or add a grain pattern to stainless steel sheets. Medium-width belts fit onto edge sanders for sanding flat, narrow surfaces such as panel edges; and narrow belts are used with portable belt sanders for sanding or blending wood pieces such as cabinet doors.
- 3M™ Cloth Belt 461F is commonly used for coarse grade grinding on stainless steel, titanium, and glass polishing.
- The belt is made of heavy polyester cloth backing that provides rugged durability and tear-resistance, making it suitable for wet or dry applications.
- Silicon carbide is a very hard and sharp mineral that is commonly used for low-pressure applications such as paint prep and the final stages of whitewood sanding, as well as grinding applications on metal.
- 3M offers a broad selection of belts to fit most any industrial belt sander.