3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 217EA uses proprietary microreplication technology in which micron-graded aluminum oxide particles are formed into tiny pyramids of abrasive mineral and then coated on a JE-weight rayon backing. As these pyramids wear, fresh, sharp mineral is continually exposed to produce a consistent cut and a predictable, fine finish.
- Microreplicated pyramids wear away to continually expose fresh mineral for a consistent cut throughout the life of the belt
- Flexible JE-weight cotton cloth backing flows over contoured surfaces for consistent finishing
- Consistency and long abrasive life make this belt great for use in robotic applications
- For intermediate finishing and fine polishing prior to plating or buffing
- Ideal for light pressure applications, allows abrasive to break down and maintain cut and produce consistent finishes
- Produces finer finishes than conventional coated abrasives
- Grinding aid helps prevent heat-related warping and discoloration
|Width||3 in||76.2 mm|
|Length||132 in||3352.8 mm|
What is the dimension of 3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 217EA, A16 JE-weight, 3 in x 132 in, Film-lok Full-flex?
The dimension for this product is 3 inches width by 132 inches length.
How many pieces are included in one case of the product?
One case contains a total of 50 pieces or you can say that it has packaging of '25 Inner/Case'.
What makes the film-lok feature so special?
With the help of its Film-lok feature this portable sanding belt provides very quick and easy abrasive change-outs and reduced downtime. It's built especially for applying consistent finishing results on edges, metals, composites & more.
The 3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 217EA is designed to provide consistent finishes on hard metals such as carbon and stainless steel. The abrasive and resin structure is formulated to break down under medium pressure, keeping fresh, sharp mineral cutting. Additionally, this belt features a grinding aid that helps prevent heat buildup, warping, and discoloration. The JE-weight, durable cloth backing provides control, conformability, and effective medium-pressure grinding. The resin bonded abrasive provides heat resistance and helps prevent delamination.Ideal for Robotic Finishing and Polishing
Robotic metal polishing requires a consistent, refined cut and long abrasive life. 3M™ Trizact™ abrasives can deliver near-mirror finishes while also providing the abrasive life that helps reduce changeouts and downtime in robotic cells. This maximizes the efficiency of the cell, allowing you to produce more parts per belt.Runs Smooth, Finishes Consistently
The film media splice minimizes "chatter marks" and ensures smooth running and consistent results. Proprietary Trizact™ abrasives produce a finer finish, achieve results faster, and last longer when compared to conventional abrasive products.