3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 217EA uses proprietary microreplication technology in which micron-graded aluminum oxide particles are formed into tiny pyramids of abrasive mineral and then coated on a JE-weight rayon backing. As these pyramids wear, fresh, sharp mineral is continually exposed to produce a consistent cut and a predictable, fine finish.
- Microreplicated pyramids wear away to continually expose fresh mineral for a consistent cut throughout the life of the belt
- Flexible JE-weight cotton cloth backing flows over contoured surfaces for consistent finishing
- Consistency and long abrasive life make this belt great for use in robotic applications
- For intermediate finishing and fine polishing prior to plating or buffing
- Ideal for light pressure applications, allows abrasive to break down and maintain cut and produce consistent finishes
- Produces finer finishes than conventional coated abrasives
- Grinding aid helps prevent heat-related warping and discoloration
|Width||2 in||50.8 mm|
|Length||132 in||3352.8 mm|
What's the feature of the 3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 217EA?
The 3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 217EA is a cloth-backed abrasive belt, designed specifically to provide uniform finishes on various materials.
How long is each case going to last?
Each case of the 3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 217EA comes with fifty belts that are two inches wide and one hundred thirty-two inches in length.
Can you tell me more about the attachment method used on these belts?
Certainly! These Cloth Belts come equipped with a unique film-lok that allows for easy installation and removal between your machines or applications.
The 3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 217EA is designed to provide consistent finishes on hard metals such as carbon and stainless steel. The abrasive and resin structure is formulated to break down under medium pressure, keeping fresh, sharp mineral cutting. Additionally, this belt features a grinding aid that helps prevent heat buildup, warping, and discoloration. The JE-weight, durable cloth backing provides control, conformability, and effective medium-pressure grinding. The resin bonded abrasive provides heat resistance and helps prevent delamination.Ideal for Robotic Finishing and Polishing
3M™ Trizact™ abrasives are ideal for robotic metal polishing, delivering the most consistent, refined cut and long abrasive life. These abrasives can consistently deliver near-mirror finishes while also reducing changeouts and downtime in robotic cells. This helps maximize the efficiency of the cell, allowing you to produce more parts per belt.Runs Smooth, Finishes Consistently
The 3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 217EA features a film media splice that minimizes "chatter marks" and ensures smooth running and consistent results. Proprietary Trizact™ abrasives produce a finer finish, achieve results faster, and last longer when compared to conventional abrasive products.