3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 217EA uses proprietary microreplication technology in which micron-graded aluminum oxide particles are formed into tiny pyramids of abrasive mineral and then coated on a JE-weight rayon backing. As these pyramids wear, fresh, sharp mineral is continually exposed to produce a consistent cut and a predictable, fine finish.
- Microreplicated pyramids wear away to continually expose fresh mineral for a consistent cut throughout the life of the belt
- Flexible JE-weight cotton cloth backing flows over contoured surfaces for consistent finishing
- Consistency and long abrasive life make this belt great for use in robotic applications
- For intermediate finishing and fine polishing prior to plating or buffing
- Ideal for light pressure applications, allows abrasive to break down and maintain cut and produce consistent finishes
- Produces finer finishes than conventional coated abrasives
- Grinding aid helps prevent heat-related warping and discoloration
|Width||4 in||101.6 mm|
|Length||132 in||3352.8 mm|
What is 3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 217EA used for?
The 3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 217EA is a high-performance abrasive belt designed for use in applications such as stock removal, dimensioning, and intermediate sanding of hardwoods, softwoods, paints, and primers.
What makes the A16 JE-weight backing on the belt special?
The A16 JE-weight backing provides good flexibility and conformability while maintaining strength during aggressive sanding.
Can these cloth belts be stored outdoors?
No. We recommend that you store your cloth belts indoors under normal conditions to prevent potential damage or contamination from moisture or debris.
How many belts come in each case?
Each case contains a total of fifty (50) individual units with twenty-five (25) belts included per inner package.
The 3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 217EA is designed to provide consistent finishes on hard metals such as carbon and stainless steel. The abrasive and resin structure is formulated to break down under medium pressure, keeping fresh, sharp mineral cutting. Additionally, this belt features a grinding aid that helps prevent heat buildup, warping, and discoloration. The JE-weight, durable cloth backing provides control, conformability, and effective medium-pressure grinding. The resin bonded abrasive provides heat resistance and helps prevent delamination.Ideal for Robotic Finishing and Polishing
3M™ Trizact™ abrasives are ideal for robotic metal polishing, delivering the most consistent, refined cut and long abrasive life. These abrasives can consistently deliver near-mirror finishes while also reducing changeouts and downtime in robotic cells. This helps maximize the efficiency of the cell, allowing you to produce more parts per belt.Runs Smooth, Finishes Consistently
The 3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 217EA features a film media splice that minimizes "chatter marks" and ensures smooth running and consistent results. Proprietary Trizact™ abrasives produce a finer finish, achieve results faster, and last longer when compared to conventional abrasive products.