Comprised of a strong polyester backing and coated with an aggressive acrylic adhesive, 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 is a solvent resistant tape that is ideal for applications where exposure to chemicals is a concern. This tape meets demanding applications in a variety of industries.
- Thin, high-strength polyester backing resists tearing and protects surfaces from abrasion
- Transparent backing allows visibility of information protected by the tape
- Resistant to many solvents including jet engine fuel, hydraulic fluid and lubricating oils
- Temperature resistance enables tape to perform in high temperature operations
- Aggressive acrylic adhesive provides quick stick and excellent long-term holding
- Meets several U.S. government and aerospace specifications
- Meets flammability requirements of FAR 25.853(a) Appendix F Part I (a)(1)(ii)
|Width||1/2 in||12.7 mm|
|Length||72 yd||65.83 m|
What is 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 used for?
3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 is commonly used in splicing applications and adhering to silicone surfaces, among other purposes. Its polyester film backing resists damage from abrasion, chemicals, and weather.
Can I use this tape outdoors?
Absolutely! As mentioned earlier, the tape's resistance to weather makes it excellent for outdoor use.
How much tape comes in a case?
Each case contains 72 rolls of transparent polyester film tape that are each a half-inch wide by seventy-two yards long.
. Do you offer any discounts on bulk purchases of this product?
. Yes, we do offer volume pricing based on larger order quantities. Contact your local authorized distributor or sales representative for more information on how we can accommodate your needs with our flexible pricing options!
3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 is a transparent polyester film tape with solvent resistant acrylic adhesive. It is designed to withstand the rigors of processes where exposure to solvents is a concern. This includes many applications for which this tape is ideally suited because of it is thin but durable design. The backing has a low moisture vapor transmission rate, making it ideal for extended use. When used in critical label protection, this tape won't obscure vital information. The tape can withstand a wide temperature range from -60°F/-50°C to 300°F/150°C. 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 can be qualified to meet Federal Spec. L-T-100 Type 1. It also meets flammability requirements of FAR 25.853(a) Appendix F Part I (a)(1)(ii).
Critical label protection requiring resistance from jet engine fuel, hydraulic fluid and lubricating oils
Aerospace applications that require FAR flammability rating
Sealing critical area from moisture intrusion
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Data Sheets_3mtm polyester tap