Comprised of a strong polyester backing and coated with an aggressive acrylic adhesive, 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 is a solvent resistant tape that is ideal for applications where exposure to chemicals is a concern. This tape meets demanding applications in a variety of industries.
- Thin, high-strength polyester backing resists tearing and protects surfaces from abrasion
- Transparent backing allows visibility of information protected by the tape
- Resistant to many solvents including jet engine fuel, hydraulic fluid and lubricating oils
- Temperature resistance enables tape to perform in high temperature operations
- Aggressive acrylic adhesive provides quick stick and excellent long-term holding
- Meets several U.S. government and aerospace specifications
- Meets flammability requirements of FAR 25.853(a) Appendix F Part I (a)(1)(ii)
|Width||3/4 in||19.05 mm|
|Length||360 yd||329.18 m|
What is 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 and what is it used for?
3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 is a transparent, pressure-sensitive tape with an aggressive synthetic rubber adhesive that bonds well to most surfaces. It's commonly used for splicing and web attachment in printing applications.
How wide and how long is the roll of this tape?
The tape roll size is industry standard measuring at 3/4-inch width by 360 yards in length, perfect to support lengthy projects or everyday office needs.
How many rolls are included per case?
There are approximately forty-eight (48) rolls per case of our high-quality polyester film tape. This way you won't run out anytime soon but still be able to monitor your consumption levels throughout the year.
3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 is a transparent polyester film tape with solvent resistant acrylic adhesive. It is designed to withstand the rigors of processes where exposure to solvents is a concern. This includes many applications for which this tape is ideally suited because of it is thin but durable design. The backing has a low moisture vapor transmission rate, making it ideal for extended use. When used in critical label protection, this tape won't obscure vital information. The tape can withstand a wide temperature range from -60°F/-50°C to 300°F/150°C. 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 can be qualified to meet Federal Spec. L-T-100 Type 1. It also meets flammability requirements of FAR 25.853(a) Appendix F Part I (a)(1)(ii).
Critical label protection requiring resistance from jet engine fuel, hydraulic fluid and lubricating oils
Aerospace applications that require FAR flammability rating
Sealing critical area from moisture intrusion
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Brochures_3m converter markets