Comprised of a strong polyester backing and coated with an aggressive acrylic adhesive, 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 is a solvent resistant tape that is ideal for applications where exposure to chemicals is a concern. This tape meets demanding applications in a variety of industries.
- Thin, high-strength polyester backing resists tearing and protects surfaces from abrasion
- Transparent backing allows visibility of information protected by the tape
- Resistant to many solvents including jet engine fuel, hydraulic fluid and lubricating oils
- Temperature resistance enables tape to perform in high temperature operations
- Aggressive acrylic adhesive provides quick stick and excellent long-term holding
- Meets several U.S. government and aerospace specifications
- Meets flammability requirements of FAR 25.853(a) Appendix F Part I (a)(1)(ii)
|Width||3/4 in||19.05 mm|
|Length||72 yd||65.83 m|
What is 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 made of?
3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 is made from a clear polyester backing with a solvent-resistant acrylic adhesive.
How wide is each roll of the 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853?
Each roll of the 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 comes in a width of three quarters of an inch (3/4").
Can this tape be used for outdoor applications?
Yes, this transparent tape can be used for outdoor applications, due to its UV resistance.
How many rolls come in each case of the 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 and what size are they?
There are forty-eight (48) rolls that come per case. Each roll has dimensions measuring at three-quarters inches by seventy-two yards, with thickness measured at two point two mils (2.2 mil).
Is it possible to order the product without buying an entire case
of forty-eight rolls?
Yes, it is possible to purchase individual rolls instead of buying
a whole case if desired.
3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 is a transparent polyester film tape with solvent resistant acrylic adhesive. It is designed to withstand the rigors of processes where exposure to solvents is a concern. This includes many applications for which this tape is ideally suited because of it is thin but durable design. The backing has a low moisture vapor transmission rate, making it ideal for extended use. When used in critical label protection, this tape won't obscure vital information. The tape can withstand a wide temperature range from -60°F/-50°C to 300°F/150°C. 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 853 can be qualified to meet Federal Spec. L-T-100 Type 1. It also meets flammability requirements of FAR 25.853(a) Appendix F Part I (a)(1)(ii).
Critical label protection requiring resistance from jet engine fuel, hydraulic fluid and lubricating oils
Aerospace applications that require FAR flammability rating
Sealing critical area from moisture intrusion
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Brochures_3m converter markets