3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is the go-to foil tape for numerous applications across a broad range of industries. Comprised of a dead soft aluminum foil backing with a highly engineered pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive, it is ideal for heat shielding, heat reflecting, chemical masking, light enhancement, chemical milling, seaming, sealing and de-paint operations.
- Linered version of 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425
- Thermally conductive tape helps dissipate heat and improves heating and cooling efficiency to protect temperature sensitive materials
- Resistant to chemicals to protect surfaces during de-paint process and other chemical masking operations
- Highly engineered acrylic adhesive provides long term durability, but removes cleanly after harsh masking applications
- Withstands exposure to flame, weathering, moisture and UV
- Heat and light reflective tape protects surfaces and enhances lighting efficiency
- Dead soft aluminum foil backing conforms to curved and uneven surfaces
- Recognized by UL to UL 746C and Classified by UL to UL 723, Class "L" for low flammability rating
|Width||24 in||609.6 mm|
|Length||60 yd||54.86 m|
What kind of surface can I stick 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 to?
The tape is designed for use on aluminum, copper, and other metals as well as painted surfaces.
Is this tape heat resistant?
Yes, it's a high-temperature tape that can withstand temperatures up to 300°F /150°C.
Can I use this tape outdoors?
Absolutely. It has excellent weather resistance and can be used in outdoor applications.
How many rolls come per case of 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427?
There is one roll per case of the size specified (24 in x 60 yd).
. How thick is the foil of the Aluminium Foil Tape by 3M?"
. The thickness of the Aluminium Foil Tape by 3M is about 4.6 mil or approximately 0.11 mm thick, making it very flexible so that it conforms easily around corners and irregular surfaces for a secure seal.
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is a reliable solution for heat dissipation and substrate protection in high temperature environments. Its dead soft, thermally conductive aluminum backing reduces hot spots and is suitable for die cutting applications. The tape is coated with a highly engineered acrylic adhesive that can withstand exposure to high heat and humidity while maintaining a strong bond. It is also resistant to moisture, weathering, UV, and solvents, making it suitable for indoor and outdoor use.Recommended Applications
- Heat shielding of delicate parts
- Heat reflecting
- Masking in chemical paint stripping applications
- Moisture barrier
- Light reflecting for light enhancement
- Chemical milling
- Seaming and sealing
- Refrigerator and freezer coil attachment
- Splicing of thin gauge foils
- Plastic protection
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is UL Recognized to UL 746C (File E 122798) and Classified by UL to UL 723 "L" for low flammability rating (File R 7311). It can be certified to meet L-T-80C and meets F.A.R 25.853(a). The temperature use range is from -65°F to 300°F (-54°C to 149°C).
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Brochures_3m metal foil tapes