3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is the go-to foil tape for numerous applications across a broad range of industries. Comprised of a dead soft aluminum foil backing with a highly engineered pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive, it is ideal for heat shielding, heat reflecting, chemical masking, light enhancement, chemical milling, seaming, sealing and de-paint operations.
- Linered version of 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425
- Thermally conductive tape helps dissipate heat and improves heating and cooling efficiency to protect temperature sensitive materials
- Resistant to chemicals to protect surfaces during de-paint process and other chemical masking operations
- Highly engineered acrylic adhesive provides long term durability, but removes cleanly after harsh masking applications
- Withstands exposure to flame, weathering, moisture and UV
- Heat and light reflective tape protects surfaces and enhances lighting efficiency
- Dead soft aluminum foil backing conforms to curved and uneven surfaces
- Recognized by UL to UL 746C and Classified by UL to UL 723, Class "L" for low flammability rating
|Width||16 in||406.4 mm|
|Length||60 yd||54.86 m|
What size is the 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427?
The tape measures 16 inches by 60 yards and comes in a single roll per case.
How thick is the tape?
The tape has a thickness of 4.6 mil, making it durable and long-lasting.
Is the foil tape easy to use?
Yes, this aluminum foil tape can be easily applied to various surfaces and shapes for an efficient bonding that can withstand both high levels of heat and moisture exposure.
Can this type of film be used for outdoor applications?
Absolutely! This silver aluminum foil tape features excellent weather resistance capabilities that make it perfect for not only indoor but also outdoor uses such as chimney liners or sealing air ducts.
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is a reliable solution for heat dissipation and substrate protection in high temperature environments. Its dead soft, thermally conductive aluminum backing reduces hot spots and ensures that the substrate is not affected by high temperatures. This tape is a linered version of 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425, making it suitable for die cutting applications. It is coated with a highly engineered acrylic adhesive that can withstand exposure to high heat and humidity while maintaining a strong and reliable bond. It can also withstand moisture, weathering, UV and solvents, making it an excellent choice for indoor or outdoor use.Recommended Applications
- Heat shielding of delicate parts
- Heat reflecting
- Masking in chemical paint stripping applications
- Moisture barrier
- Light reflecting for light enhancement
- Chemical milling
- Seaming and sealing
- Refrigerator and freezer coil attachment
- Splicing of thin gauge foils
- Plastic protection
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is UL Recognized to UL 746C (File E 122798) and Classified by UL to UL 723 "L" for low flammability rating (File R 7311). It can be certified to meet L-T-80C and meets F.A.R 25.853(a). The temperature use range is from -65°F to 300°F (-54°C to 149°C).
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Brochures_3m metal foil tapes