3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is the go-to foil tape for numerous applications across a broad range of industries. Comprised of a dead soft aluminum foil backing with a highly engineered pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive, it is ideal for heat shielding, heat reflecting, chemical masking, light enhancement, chemical milling, seaming, sealing and de-paint operations.
- Linered version of 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425
- Thermally conductive tape helps dissipate heat and improves heating and cooling efficiency to protect temperature sensitive materials
- Resistant to chemicals to protect surfaces during de-paint process and other chemical masking operations
- Highly engineered acrylic adhesive provides long term durability, but removes cleanly after harsh masking applications
- Withstands exposure to flame, weathering, moisture and UV
- Heat and light reflective tape protects surfaces and enhances lighting efficiency
- Dead soft aluminum foil backing conforms to curved and uneven surfaces
- Recognized by UL to UL 746C and Classified by UL to UL 723, Class "L" for low flammability rating
|Width||12 in||30.5 cm|
|Length||60 yd||54.9 m|
What are the dimensions of 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427, Silver, 12 in x 60 yd, 4.6 mil, 1 roll per case?
The dimensions of this tape are a width of 12 inches and length of 60 yards per roll with a thickness of 4.6 mil.
Can I use this tape for outdoor applications?
Yes! This tape has excellent weather resistance and can be used for both indoor and outdoor applications.
Is it easy to apply this tape by hand?
Absolutely! Our aluminum foil tapes are designed to be easily torn by hand or dispensed using conventional adhesive transfer tape dispensers.
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is a reliable solution for heat dissipation and substrate protection in high temperature environments. Its dead soft, thermally conductive aluminum backing reduces hot spots and ensures even heat distribution. This tape is a linered version of 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425, making it ideal for die cutting applications. Its highly engineered acrylic adhesive can withstand exposure to high heat and humidity, providing a strong and reliable bond. It is also resistant to moisture, weathering, UV, and solvents, making it suitable for indoor and outdoor use.Recommended Applications
- Heat shielding of delicate parts
- Heat reflecting
- Masking in chemical paint stripping applications
- Moisture barrier
- Light reflecting for light enhancement
- Chemical milling
- Seaming and sealing
- Refrigerator and freezer coil attachment
- Splicing of thin gauge foils
- Plastic protection
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is UL Recognized to UL 746C (File E 122798) and Classified by UL to UL 723 "L" for low flammability rating (File R 7311). It can be certified to meet L-T-80C and meets F.A.R 25.853(a). The temperature use range is from -65°F to 300°F (-54°C to 149°C).
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Flyers_3m tapes for metal proc