3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is the go-to foil tape for numerous applications across a broad range of industries. Comprised of a dead soft aluminum foil backing with a highly engineered pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive, it is ideal for heat shielding, heat reflecting, chemical masking, light enhancement, chemical milling, seaming, sealing and de-paint operations.
- Linered version of 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425
- Thermally conductive tape helps dissipate heat and improves heating and cooling efficiency to protect temperature sensitive materials
- Resistant to chemicals to protect surfaces during de-paint process and other chemical masking operations
- Highly engineered acrylic adhesive provides long term durability, but removes cleanly after harsh masking applications
- Withstands exposure to flame, weathering, moisture and UV
- Heat and light reflective tape protects surfaces and enhances lighting efficiency
- Dead soft aluminum foil backing conforms to curved and uneven surfaces
- Recognized by UL to UL 746C and Classified by UL to UL 723, Class "L" for low flammability rating
|Width||13 in||33 cm|
|Length||60 yd||54.9 m|
What is 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 made of?
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is made of a soft, aluminum foil with transparent acrylic adhesive.
How wide and long is one roll of this tape?
One roll of the 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 measures at approximately 13 inches in width and has a length of around 60 yards.
Is this tape suitable for outdoor use?
Absolutely! The durable construction materials used to make the tape make it gentle enough for indoor usage but also rugged enough to be exposed to extreme weather conditions outdoors.
Can I remove the tape after using it without leaving any residue?
Yes, you definitely can! The advanced adhesive technology that was incorporated into its manufacturing process allows easy removal without leaving behind any residue or ghosting marks on any surface it was applied to.
Can I paint over the tape if needed after using it?
-Yes, you can. Not only does this high-quality foil tape boast excellent adhesion properties, but its sensitive nature makes it possible for users convenience when painting due to its ability not flake upon contact during application which ensures that your paint job will remain neat and immaculate.
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is a reliable solution for heat dissipation and substrate protection in high temperature environments. Its dead soft, thermally conductive aluminum backing reduces hot spots and is suitable for die cutting applications. The tape is coated with a highly engineered acrylic adhesive that can withstand exposure to high heat and humidity while maintaining a strong bond. It is also resistant to moisture, weathering, UV, and solvents, making it suitable for indoor and outdoor use.Recommended Applications
- Heat shielding of delicate parts
- Heat reflecting
- Masking in chemical paint stripping applications
- Moisture barrier
- Light reflecting for light enhancement
- Chemical milling
- Seaming and sealing
- Refrigerator and freezer coil attachment
- Splicing of thin gauge foils
- Plastic protection
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is UL Recognized to UL 746C (File E 122798) and Classified by UL to UL 723 "L" for low flammability rating (File R 7311). It can be certified to meet L-T-80C and meets F.A.R 25.853(a). The temperature use range is from -65°F to 300°F (-54°C to 149°C).
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Brochures_3m metal foil tapes