3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 217EA uses proprietary microreplication technology in which micron-graded aluminum oxide particles are formed into tiny pyramids of abrasive mineral and then coated on a JE-weight rayon backing. As these pyramids wear, fresh, sharp mineral is continually exposed to produce a consistent cut and a predictable, fine finish.
- Microreplicated pyramids wear away to continually expose fresh mineral for a consistent cut throughout the life of the belt
- Flexible JE-weight cotton cloth backing flows over contoured surfaces for consistent finishing
- Consistency and long abrasive life make this belt great for use in robotic applications
- For intermediate finishing and fine polishing prior to plating or buffing
- Ideal for light pressure applications, allows abrasive to break down and maintain cut and produce consistent finishes
- Produces finer finishes than conventional coated abrasives
- Grinding aid helps prevent heat-related warping and discoloration
What is the 3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 217EA used for?
The 3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 217EA is ideal for finishing and polishing stainless steel, titanium, brass, bronze and other metals.
What are the dimensions of this belt?
This belt is 4 inches wide by 168 inches long.
Can it be used on curved surfaces?
Yes! The full-flex design of this belt allows it to conform to curved surfaces easily.
How many belts come in a case?
There are 50 belts included in each case for bulk usage or to replace them as they wear down.
. What type of attachment system does the Trizact cloth belt have?
A. It features a Film-lok which attaches securely onto compatible machines and makes replacement straightforward with easy-changing hand options.
The 3M™ Trizact™ Cloth Belt 217EA is designed to provide consistent finishes on hard metals such as carbon and stainless steel. The abrasive and resin structure is formulated to break down under medium pressure, keeping fresh, sharp mineral cutting. Additionally, this belt features a grinding aid that helps prevent heat buildup, warping, and discoloration. The JE-weight, durable cloth backing provides control, conformability, and effective medium-pressure grinding. The resin bonded abrasive provides heat resistance and helps prevent delamination.Ideal for Robotic Finishing and Polishing
Robotic metal polishing requires a consistent, refined cut and long abrasive life. 3M™ Trizact™ abrasives can deliver near-mirror finishes while also providing the abrasive life that helps reduce changeouts and downtime in robotic cells. This maximizes the efficiency of the cell, allowing you to produce more parts per belt.Runs Smooth, Finishes Consistently
The film media splice minimizes "chatter marks" and ensures smooth running and consistent results. Proprietary Trizact™ abrasives produce a finer finish, achieve results faster, and last longer when compared to conventional abrasive products.