Constructed with an extremely conformable backing, 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483 is designed to be used in a wide variety of general purpose applications including sealing, holding, coding, moisture proofing and protecting. This tape is coated with a rubber adhesive that bonds well and removes cleanly from most surfaces. 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483 is available in a variety of vivid colors.
- Extremely flexible backing enables tape to stretch and conform to textured and irregular surfaces
- Polyethylene backing has a low water vapor transmission rate and provides good solvent, alkali resistance
- Rubber adhesive bonds well and removes cleanly from most surfaces
- Tape remains adhered and flexible to temperatures as low as -20°F
- Vivid colors and smooth backing provide excellent glossy appearance
- Black tape has excellent UV resistance and can be used outdoors for up to 12 months
|Center Hole Diameter
What is the size and color of the 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483?
The tape comes in a blue color and measures 3 inches x 36 yards.
How thick is the tape?
The tape has a thickness of 5.0 mil which provides good tensile strength for bundling applications.
How many rolls come in one case of this tape?
Each case contains twelve rolls of our Polyethylene Tape for your convenience.
Is this tape easy to apply?
Yes, it's designed with an aggressive rubber adhesive that provides instant adhesion on a variety of surfaces such as LSE plastics, concrete, and metal. It also resists curling, abrasion, water, and chemicals for added durability.
3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483 is a versatile tape that can stretch easily and conform to irregular surfaces for a tight seal. The tape has a smooth backing that provides good resistance to solvents and alkalis. It is coated with a rubber adhesive that bonds well to many surfaces and typically removes cleanly. This tape is resilient and can be used in outdoor applications and temperatures ranging from -20°F/-29°C to 170°F/77°C. The black version of this tape can be used in outdoor applications for up to one year and will remove cleanly from most surfaces.Recommended Applications
- General sealing of containers and irregular shaped objects
- Separation of dissimilar metals
- Decorative, safety marking and color coding
- Nuclear power plant maintenance applications
- Corrosion sensitive applications
- Outdoor applications of sealing, protecting and preserving