Constructed with an extremely conformable backing, 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483 is designed to be used in a wide variety of general purpose applications including sealing, holding, coding, moisture proofing and protecting. This tape is coated with a rubber adhesive that bonds well and removes cleanly from most surfaces. 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483 is available in a variety of vivid colors.
- Extremely flexible backing enables tape to stretch and conform to textured and irregular surfaces
- Polyethylene backing has a low water vapor transmission rate and provides good solvent, alkali resistance
- Rubber adhesive bonds well and removes cleanly from most surfaces
- Tape remains adhered and flexible to temperatures as low as -20°F
- Vivid colors and smooth backing provide excellent glossy appearance
- Black tape has excellent UV resistance and can be used outdoors for up to 12 months
|Width||2 in||50.8 mm|
|Length||36 yd||32.91 m|
|Center Hole Diameter||3 in||76.0 mm|
What is 3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483?
3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483 is a red-colored, general-purpose tape that has good chemical resistance and long-term adhesion to most surfaces.
What are the dimensions of this tape?
This tape measures at about 2 inches in width and has a length of approximately 36 yards. Its thickness is about 5.0 mils.
Is it sold individually or in bulk?
This tape comes in cases made up of around twenty-four rolls each.
Can I use this tape for high heat applications?
No, we recommend not using this style of polyethylene tape for high heat applications.
How strong is the adhesive on the back of this tape?
; The adhesive on the back provides great adhesion values, with an average peel adhesion rate greater than have three pounds per inch (based on stainless steel).
3M™ Polyethylene Tape 483 is a versatile tape that can stretch easily and conform to irregular surfaces for a tight seal. The tape has a smooth backing that provides good resistance to solvents and alkalis. It is coated with a rubber adhesive that bonds well to many surfaces and typically removes cleanly. This tape is resilient and can be used in outdoor applications and temperatures ranging from -20°F/-29°C to 170°F/77°C. The black version of this tape can be used in outdoor applications for up to one year and will remove cleanly from most surfaces.Recommended Applications
- General sealing of containers and irregular shaped objects
- Separation of dissimilar metals
- Decorative, safety marking and color coding
- Nuclear power plant maintenance applications
- Corrosion sensitive applications
- Outdoor applications of sealing, protecting and preserving
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Data Sheets_polyethylene tape