For splicing applications requiring quick stick and an aggressive, permanent hold, use 3M™ Polyester Tape 850. Used in a variety of applications, including web processing, label protection, and marking. This tape is available in various colors, as well as a transparent.
- Aggressive acrylic adhesive provides quick stick and excellent long-term holding in splicing applications
- Thin, high strength polyester film meets low caliper requirements which won't interfere with most machinery processes
- Polyester backing resists tearing and protects surfaces from abrasion and rough handling
- Temperature resistance enables tape to perform in high temperature operations
- Transparent and silver versions meet a variety of aerospace specifications
- Colored versions are highly visible for applications where marking or identification is required
- Transparent version is chemical and solvent resistant
- Low modulus, low Shore A Hardness
|Width||1/2 in||12.7 mm|
|Length||72 yd||65.83 m|
What is the width and length of 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850?
The tape is half an inch in width and comes in a roll of 72 yards.
What is the thickness (mil) of this film tape?
The thickness or mil of this transparent polyester film tape is 1.9.
How many rolls are there per case for the Polyester Film Tape 850 by 3M?
There are a total of seventy-two rolls per case for the Polyester Film Tape 850 made by us at 3M.
Can I use this tape on uneven surfaces or curves?
Yes, you can apply our Polyester Film Tape to most surfaces, including curved ones. It adheres firmly yet removes cleanly when necessary.
Is your Transparent Polyester Film Tape UV resistant?
; Yes, it has excellent UV resistance, so it will work well in outdoor applications and provide long-lasting results.
3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850 is generally used for splicing and web applications. The backing is a thin, high-strength polyester which is abrasion resistant to help reduce splice failures while resisting breakdowns during rough handling and web processing. Coated with an aggressive pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive, this tape grabs on contact and holds securely. It meets low-caliper requirements to ensure it won't interfere with most machinery. The tape can withstand a wide temperature range from -60°F/-50°C to 300°F/150°C.
Recommended Applications (Red, Black and White)
Splicing and web defect marking
Sealing, labeling and protecting
Recommended Applications (Transparent)
Sealing and protecting against chemical intrusion
Label protection where readability is a concern
Meets a variety of specifications in the aerospace industry
Core starting and splicing
Recommended Applications (Silver)
Defect flagging where reflective sensing is required/li>
Decorative striping and edging/li>
Meets a variety of specifications in the aerospace industry/li>
Splicing of film, including movie film
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Data Sheets_polyester film tap
- Data Sheet