For splicing applications requiring quick stick and an aggressive, permanent hold, use our 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850 Silver. Used in a variety of applications, including web processing, label protection, and marking.
- Aggressive acrylic adhesive provides quick stick and excellent long-term holding in splicing applications
- Thin, high strength polyester film meets low caliper requirements which won't interfere with most machinery processes
- Polyester backing resists tearing and protects surfaces from abrasion and rough handling
- Temperature resistance enables tape to perform in high temperature operations
- Meets a variety of aerospace specifications
- Silver version is highly visible for applications where marking or identification is required
- Low modulus, low Shore A Hardness
|Width||0.37 in||9.52 mm|
|Length||72 yd||65.83 m|
What is 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850 used for?
3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850 can be used for general purpose holding, splicing, masking and sealing applications.
Is this tape strong enough for heavy duty tasks?
Yes! Although it's a thin tape at only 1.9 mils thick, the polyester backing material makes it strong and durable enough to tackle most heavy-duty tasks.
How much tape comes in each case of 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850?
Each case contains 96 rolls of silver-colored tape measuring 3/8 inch by 72 yards long per roll.
Can the color or width of this tape be customized to fit my company's needs?
Absolutely! Just contact your local sales representative or our customer service department and we'll work with you to create a custom product that meets your specific requirements, including size, color and more.
Our 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850 is generally used for splicing and web applications. The backing is a thin, high-strength polyester which is abrasion resistant to help reduce splice failures while resisting breakdowns during rough handling and web processing. Coated with an aggressive pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive, this tape grabs on contact and holds securely. It meets low-caliper requirements to ensure it won't interfere with most machinery. The tape can withstand a wide temperature range from -60°F/-50°C to 300°F/150°C.
Recommended Applications (Red, Black and White)
Splicing and web defect marking
Sealing, labeling and protecting
Recommended Applications (Transparent)
Sealing and protecting against chemical intrusion
Label protection where readability is a concern
Meets a variety of specifications in the aerospace industry
Core starting and splicing
Recommended Applications (Silver)
Defect flagging where reflective sensing is required/li>
Decorative striping and edging/li>
Meets a variety of specifications in the aerospace industry/li>
Splicing of film, including movie film
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Bulletins_polyester splicing t
- Data Sheet