For splicing applications requiring quick stick and an aggressive, permanent hold, use our 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850 Silver. Used in a variety of applications, including web processing, label protection, and marking.
- Aggressive acrylic adhesive provides quick stick and excellent long-term holding in splicing applications
- Thin, high strength polyester film meets low caliper requirements which won't interfere with most machinery processes
- Polyester backing resists tearing and protects surfaces from abrasion and rough handling
- Temperature resistance enables tape to perform in high temperature operations
- Meets a variety of aerospace specifications
- Silver version is highly visible for applications where marking or identification is required
- Low modulus, low Shore A Hardness
|Width||4 in||101.6 mm|
|Length||72 yd||65.83 m|
What is the purpose of 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850?
The 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850 is a high-quality tape designed for splicing and joining applications, which require transparency, stability in high-temperature environments (up to 400°F/204°C), and chemical resistance.
How wide is each roll of the tape and how many rolls come in a case?
Each roll measures four inches by seventy-two yards with a thickness of one-point-nine mils. There are eight rolls per case.
What are some common industries that use this type of polyester film tape?
This type of durable and reliable polyester film tape finds extensive application across numerous industries such as automotive, electrical control, aviation, medical devices manufacturing among others.
Our 3M™ Polyester Film Tape 850 is generally used for splicing and web applications. The backing is a thin, high-strength polyester which is abrasion resistant to help reduce splice failures while resisting breakdowns during rough handling and web processing. Coated with an aggressive pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive, this tape grabs on contact and holds securely. It meets low-caliper requirements to ensure it won't interfere with most machinery. The tape can withstand a wide temperature range from -60°F/-50°C to 300°F/150°C.
Recommended Applications (Red, Black and White)
Splicing and web defect marking
Sealing, labeling and protecting
Recommended Applications (Transparent)
Sealing and protecting against chemical intrusion
Label protection where readability is a concern
Meets a variety of specifications in the aerospace industry
Core starting and splicing
Recommended Applications (Silver)
Defect flagging where reflective sensing is required/li>
Decorative striping and edging/li>
Meets a variety of specifications in the aerospace industry/li>
Splicing of film, including movie film
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Flyers_specialty six polyester
- Data Sheet