Thin and conformable, 3M Polyester Tape 8901 excels in high temperature masking operations such as powder coat painting. Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape bonds to a variety of difficult surfaces. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments.
- Works in demanding conditions and high temperatures ranging from -60ºF (-50ºC) to 400ºF (204ºC)
- Clean removal during high-temperature masking operations such as powder coating
- Polyester film offers excellent thermal and chemical resistance while maintaining flexibility
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Translucent blue backing provides easy identification and positioning
|Width||1219.2 in||1219.2 mm|
|Length||65.8 yd||65.83 m|
What is the width and length of 3M™ Polyester Tape 8901, Blue?
The tape comes in a size of 48 inches x 72 yards.
What is the thickness of the blue polyester tape?
The thickness for each roll of this product is 0.9 mils.
How many rolls are included per case when purchasing your tape ?
One roll per case .
Is this particular type of tape strong enough to hold heavy objects together?
Yes, despite its thinness it has excellent holding power and provides great adhesion strength on various surfaces.
Can I use this tape for outdoor purposes or does it only work indoors?
While our products are generally designed for indoor use, you can utilize these tapes outdoors as well since they have high performance qualities like UV light resistance that make them long-lasting through various weather conditions .
3M™ Polyester Tape 8901 is a thin, conformable polyester tape that is perfect for masking in high temperature applications. It adheres well to silicone coated surfaces and has a tear-resistant, translucent blue backing. This tape is coated with a silicone adhesive, making it ideal for masking in powder coating to provide sharp paint lines. It removes cleanly and in one-piece from most surfaces, avoiding slivering and breaking. Additionally, this tape excels in permanent splicing operations on silicone liners, papers, and films that are subject to high temperatures.
With good chemical resistance, this tape works effectively in chemical processes and demanding work conditions, such as anodizing. The pressure-sensitive silicone adhesive performs under a broad range of temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 400°F (204°C).Recommended Applications
- Masking parts for high temperature powder coat painting
- Splicing of silicone liners, films, and papers
- Holding parts or vacuum bags during composite bonding operations
- Masking metal surfaces in acid or caustic chemical milling baths
- Protective tape reduces scratches during handling and shipping
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Catalogs_3m masking and surfac