Thin and conformable, 3M Polyester Tape 8901 excels in high temperature masking operations such as powder coat painting. Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape bonds to a variety of difficult surfaces. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments.
- Works in demanding conditions and high temperatures ranging from -60ºF (-50ºC) to 400ºF (204ºC)
- Clean removal during high-temperature masking operations such as powder coating
- Polyester film offers excellent thermal and chemical resistance while maintaining flexibility
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Translucent blue backing provides easy identification and positioning
|Width||2 in||50.8 mm|
|Length||72 yd||65.83 m|
What is the length of each roll of 3M™ Polyester Tape 8901?
Each roll of 3M™ Polyester Tape 8901, Blue, is 2 inches wide and has a length of 72 yards.
How many rolls are in a case?
There are a total of 24 rolls per case for this specific product.
Can this tape be used on different surfaces like wood or metal?
Yes! The versatile nature and characteristics of this tape make it perfect for use on different types surfaces such as metal, plastic or wood among others.
Is there anything unique about the core that these tapes come with?
Yes! All rolls come with a handy plastic core making it noiseless during application and ensuring ease while putting them.
3M™ Polyester Tape 8901 is a thin, conformable polyester tape that is perfect for masking in high temperature applications. It adheres well to silicone coated surfaces and has a translucent blue backing that is tear resistant. This tape is coated with a silicone adhesive that works well in masking for powder coating to provide sharp paint lines. It removes cleanly and in one-piece from most surfaces, avoiding slivering and breaking. Additionally, this tape excels in permanent splicing operations on silicone liners, papers, and films that are subject to high temperatures.
This tape has good chemical resistance and works effectively in chemical processes and demanding work conditions, such as anodizing. The pressure-sensitive silicone adhesive performs under a broad range of temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 400°F (204°C).Recommended Applications
- Masking parts for high temperature powder coat painting
- Splicing of silicone liners, films, and papers
- Holding parts or vacuum bags during composite bonding operations
- Masking metal surfaces in acid or caustic chemical milling baths
- Protective tape reduces scratches during handling and shipping
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Flyers_3m tapes for metal proc