Thin and conformable, 3M Polyester Tape 8901 excels in high temperature masking operations such as powder coat painting. Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape bonds to a variety of difficult surfaces. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments.
- Works in demanding conditions and high temperatures ranging from -60ºF (-50ºC) to 400ºF (204ºC)
- Clean removal during high-temperature masking operations such as powder coating
- Polyester film offers excellent thermal and chemical resistance while maintaining flexibility
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Translucent blue backing provides easy identification and positioning
|Width||19.1 in||19.05 mm|
|Length||65.8 yd||65.83 m|
What is 3M™ Polyester Tape 8901 used for?
3M™ Polyester Tape 8901 is commonly used for splicing, holding, and covering applications. It has excellent resistance to chemicals and abrasion.
What is the width of the tape?
The tape has a width of 3/4 inch or approximately 19 mm.
How long is each roll of tape?
Each roll of tape measures at around 72 yards or about 65 meters in length.
Is it possible to order this product by the case?
Yes! This particular product comes with a quantity of 48 rolls per case if you would like to purchase them that way.
:What does "0.9 mil" mean in the description?
A:"0.9 mil" refers to how thick or thin the film backing (the actual material making up the body) on this specific type of polyester tape is - in this case, less than one thousandth of an inch thick.
3M™ Polyester Tape 8901 is a thin, conformable polyester tape that is perfect for masking in high temperature applications. It adheres well to silicone coated surfaces and has a tear-resistant, translucent blue backing. This tape is coated with a silicone adhesive, making it ideal for masking in powder coating to provide sharp paint lines. It removes cleanly and in one-piece from most surfaces, avoiding slivering and breaking. Additionally, this tape excels in permanent splicing operations on silicone liners, papers, and films that are subject to high temperatures.
With good chemical resistance, this tape works effectively in chemical processes and demanding work conditions, such as anodizing. The pressure-sensitive silicone adhesive performs under a broad range of temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 400°F (204°C).Recommended Applications
- Masking parts for high temperature powder coat painting
- Splicing of silicone liners, films, and papers
- Holding parts or vacuum bags during composite bonding operations
- Masking metal surfaces in acid or caustic chemical milling baths
- Protective tape reduces scratches during handling and shipping
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Flyers_3m tapes for metal proc