Thin and conformable, 3M Polyester Tape 8901 excels in high temperature masking operations such as powder coat painting. Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape bonds to a variety of difficult surfaces. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments.
- Works in demanding conditions and high temperatures ranging from -60ºF (-50ºC) to 400ºF (204ºC)
- Clean removal during high-temperature masking operations such as powder coating
- Polyester film offers excellent thermal and chemical resistance while maintaining flexibility
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Translucent blue backing provides easy identification and positioning
What is the width and length of 3M™ Polyester Tape 8901, Blue, 48 in x 72 yd?
The product comes with a width of 48 inches and a total length of 72 yards.
What type of core does it have and does it matter?
The product comes with a plastic core. A plastic core makes the tape lighter to handle compared to paper cores which make them convenient to use at larger scale applications.
Is this suitable for outdoor use?
Yes, absolutely! This specific Product has been UV-resistant treated that means material holds up well under sunlight exposure overtime.
3M™ Polyester Tape 8901 is a thin, conformable polyester tape that is perfect for masking in high temperature applications. It adheres well to silicone coated surfaces and has a translucent blue backing that is tear resistant. This tape is coated with a silicone adhesive that works well in masking for powder coating to provide sharp paint lines. It removes cleanly and in one-piece from most surfaces, avoiding slivering and breaking. Additionally, this tape excels in permanent splicing operations on silicone liners, papers, and films that are subject to high temperatures.
With good chemical resistance, this tape works effectively in chemical processes and demanding work conditions, such as anodizing. The pressure-sensitive silicone adhesive performs under a broad range of temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 400°F (204°C).Recommended Applications
- Masking parts for high-temperature powder coat painting
- Splicing of silicone liners, films, and papers
- Holding parts or vacuum bags during composite bonding operations
- Masking metal surfaces in acid or caustic chemical milling baths
- Protective tape reduces scratches during handling and shipping