Thin and conformable, 3M Polyester Tape 8901 excels in high temperature masking operations such as powder coat painting. Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape bonds to a variety of difficult surfaces. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments.
- Works in demanding conditions and high temperatures ranging from -60ºF (-50ºC) to 400ºF (204ºC)
- Clean removal during high-temperature masking operations such as powder coating
- Polyester film offers excellent thermal and chemical resistance while maintaining flexibility
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Translucent blue backing provides easy identification and positioning
|Width||12.7 in||12.7 mm|
|Length||65.8 yd||65.83 m|
What is the total length of tape in each case?
Each case of 3M™ Polyester Tape 8901 contains a total length of 51,840 yards or 47,400 meters.
Can this tape be used for electrical insulation?
Yes, our polyester tape is ideal for electrical insulation as it has excellent dielectric strength and good thermal resistance up to Class F (155°C).
Is this blue-colored tape suitable for outdoor use?
The blue color marking on this polyester tape makes it an ideal choice for identifying parts or bundling. However, we recommend using our outdoor-rated (UV resistant) tapes like Scotch® Vinyl Electrical Tapes if your application requires exposure to direct sunlight and weather conditions.
3M™ Polyester Tape 8901 is a thin, conformable polyester tape that is perfect for masking in high temperature applications. It adheres well to silicone coated surfaces and has a translucent blue backing that is tear resistant. This tape is coated with a silicone adhesive that works well in masking for powder coating to provide sharp paint lines. It removes cleanly and in one-piece from most surfaces, avoiding slivering and breaking. Additionally, this tape excels in permanent splicing operations on silicone liners, papers, and films that are subject to high temperatures.
With good chemical resistance, this tape works effectively in chemical processes and demanding work conditions, such as anodizing. The pressure-sensitive silicone adhesive performs under a broad range of temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 400°F (204°C).Recommended Applications
- Masking parts for high-temperature powder coat painting
- Splicing of silicone liners, films, and papers
- Holding parts or vacuum bags during composite bonding operations
- Masking metal surfaces in acid or caustic chemical milling baths
- Protective tape reduces scratches during handling and shipping
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Flyers_3m tapes for metal proc