Thin and conformable, 3M Polyester Tape 8901 excels in high temperature masking operations such as powder coat painting. Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape bonds to a variety of difficult surfaces. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments.
- Works in demanding conditions and high temperatures ranging from -60ºF (-50ºC) to 400ºF (204ºC)
- Clean removal during high-temperature masking operations such as powder coating
- Polyester film offers excellent thermal and chemical resistance while maintaining flexibility
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Translucent blue backing provides easy identification and positioning
|Width||16 in||406.4 mm|
|Length||72 yd||65.83 m|
What is the purpose of 3M™ Polyester Tape 8901?
3M™ Polyester Tape 8901 has a variety of uses such as splicing, tabbing, and roll closing in electronics, aerospace, automotive and general industrial markets.
What are the dimensions and color options for this tape?
This particular product comes in blue color, with dimensions being 16 inches wide by 72 yards long.
Can I use this tape to wrap around curved surfaces/places?
Yes! With its strong polyester backing that resists tearing on smooth or irregular surfaces like metal or plastic it can be easily used on curved/circular objects just fine.
Will adhesive from this tape will leave residue/marks while removing after days/months later?
No marks/excessive residue apply mostly if removed within180 days after application. Beyond which there might be some slight residual not expected but would highly depend upon surface type/maintenance/storage conditions though minimalistic.
.: In what temperature range will this perform optimally?
A.: Most appropriate temperature range adhesion wise stands between zero degrees celsius to over +121 degree Celsius , making it suitable for various industries ranging from packaging to automobile alike.
3M™ Polyester Tape 8901 is a thin, conformable polyester tape that is perfect for masking in high temperature applications. It adheres well to silicone coated surfaces and has a tear-resistant, translucent blue backing. This tape is coated with a silicone adhesive, making it ideal for masking in powder coating to provide sharp paint lines. It removes cleanly and in one-piece from most surfaces, avoiding slivering and breaking. Additionally, this tape excels in permanent splicing operations on silicone liners, papers, and films that are subject to high temperatures.
With good chemical resistance, this tape works effectively in chemical processes and demanding work conditions, such as anodizing. The pressure-sensitive silicone adhesive performs under a broad range of temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 400°F (204°C).Recommended Applications
- Masking parts for high temperature powder coat painting
- Splicing of silicone liners, films, and papers
- Holding parts or vacuum bags during composite bonding operations
- Masking metal surfaces in acid or caustic chemical milling baths
- Protective tape reduces scratches during handling and shipping
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Catalogs_3m masking and surfac