3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is the go-to foil tape for numerous applications across a broad range of industries. Comprised of a dead soft aluminum foil backing with a highly engineered pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive, it is ideal for heat shielding, heat reflecting, chemical masking, light enhancement, chemical milling, seaming, sealing and de-paint operations.
- Linered version of 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425
- Thermally conductive tape helps dissipate heat and improves heating and cooling efficiency to protect temperature sensitive materials
- Resistant to chemicals to protect surfaces during de-paint process and other chemical masking operations
- Highly engineered acrylic adhesive provides long term durability, but removes cleanly after harsh masking applications
- Withstands exposure to flame, weathering, moisture and UV
- Heat and light reflective tape protects surfaces and enhances lighting efficiency
- Dead soft aluminum foil backing conforms to curved and uneven surfaces
- Recognized by UL to UL 746C and Classified by UL to UL 723, Class "L" for low flammability rating
|Width||48 in||1219.2 mm|
|Length||60 yd||54.86 m|
What are the dimensions of 3M's Aluminum Foil Tape 427 LT80 Silver?
The dimensions of this product are 48 inches by 60 yards, with a thickness of 4.6 mil, and comes in one roll per case.
What is the maximum temperature that this tape can withstand?
This aluminum foil tape has an excellent high-temperature capability as it can withstand temperatures up to 230°F (110°C).
Can I use this tape for outdoor applications?
Yes, you can use this aluminum foil tape for both indoor and outdoor applications as it is durable and resistant to weathering, UV light, and moisture.
Is this adhesive backed with acrylic or rubber adhesive?
This aluminum foil tape features a pressure-sensitive acrylic adhesive backing which offers excellent holding strength on different surfaces.
Is there any warranty provided for the Aluminum Foil Tape 427 LT80 Silver product from 3M
A: Yes! We offer a limited warranty that guarantees our products against manufacturing defects. Our reliable Customer Service team will be happy to assist you further if in case you encounter any issues using our products.
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is a reliable solution for heat dissipation and substrate protection in high temperature environments. Its dead soft, thermally conductive aluminum backing reduces hot spots and is suitable for die cutting applications. The tape is coated with a highly engineered acrylic adhesive that can withstand exposure to high heat and humidity while maintaining a strong bond. It is also resistant to moisture, weathering, UV, and solvents, making it suitable for indoor and outdoor use.Recommended Applications
- Heat shielding of delicate parts
- Heat reflecting
- Masking in chemical paint stripping applications
- Moisture barrier
- Light reflecting for light enhancement
- Chemical milling
- Seaming and sealing
- Refrigerator and freezer coil attachment
- Splicing of thin gauge foils
- Plastic protection
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is UL Recognized to UL 746C (File E 122798) and Classified by UL to UL 723 "L" for low flammability rating (File R 7311). It can be certified to meet L-T-80C and meets F.A.R 25.853(a). The temperature use range is from -65°F to 300°F (-54°C to 149°C).
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Brochures_3m metal foil tapes