3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is the go-to foil tape for numerous applications across a broad range of industries. Comprised of a dead soft aluminum foil backing with a highly engineered pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive, it is ideal for heat shielding, heat reflecting, chemical masking, light enhancement, chemical milling, seaming, sealing and de-paint operations.
- Linered version of 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425
- Thermally conductive tape helps dissipate heat and improves heating and cooling efficiency to protect temperature sensitive materials
- Resistant to chemicals to protect surfaces during de-paint process and other chemical masking operations
- Highly engineered acrylic adhesive provides long term durability, but removes cleanly after harsh masking applications
- Withstands exposure to flame, weathering, moisture and UV
- Heat and light reflective tape protects surfaces and enhances lighting efficiency
- Dead soft aluminum foil backing conforms to curved and uneven surfaces
- Recognized by UL to UL 746C and Classified by UL to UL 723, Class "L" for low flammability rating
|Width||2 in||50.8 mm|
|Length||60 yd||54.86 m|
What is the maximum temperature that 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 LT80 can withstand?
The tape can withstand temperatures of up to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
Is this foil tape easy to apply on different surfaces?
Yes, it has a pressure-sensitive acrylic adhesive coating which allows for easy application on uneven and irregular surfaces.
How many rolls are included in each case of 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 LT80, Silver, 2 in x 60 yd, 4.6 mil?
Each case contains twenty-four (24) rolls of aluminum foil tape measuring 2 inches by 60 yards each.
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is made up of a thermally conductive aluminum backing that is dead soft. This backing helps to dissipate heat over the surface of the tape, reducing hot spots and protecting the substrate from the effects of high temperatures. This tape is a linered version of 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425, which makes it suitable for die cutting applications. It is coated with a highly engineered acrylic adhesive that can withstand exposure to high heat and humidity while maintaining a strong and reliable bond. This tape can withstand a variety of moisture, weathering, UV, and solvents, making it an excellent choice for indoor or outdoor use.Recommended Applications
- Heat shielding of delicate parts
- Heat reflecting
- Masking in chemical paint stripping applications
- Moisture barrier
- Light reflecting for light enhancement
- Chemical milling
- Seaming and sealing
- Refrigerator and freezer coil attachment
- Splicing of thin gauge foils
- Plastic protection
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is UL Recognized to UL 746C (File E 122798) and Classified by UL to UL 723 "L" for low flammability rating (File R 7311). It can be certified to meet L-T-80C and meets F.A.R 25.853(a). The temperature use range for this tape is from -65°F to 300°F (-54°C to 149°C).
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Brochures_3m industrial adhesi