3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is the go-to foil tape for numerous applications across a broad range of industries. Comprised of a dead soft aluminum foil backing with a highly engineered pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive, it is ideal for heat shielding, heat reflecting, chemical masking, light enhancement, chemical milling, seaming, sealing and de-paint operations.
- Linered version of 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425
- Thermally conductive tape helps dissipate heat and improves heating and cooling efficiency to protect temperature sensitive materials
- Resistant to chemicals to protect surfaces during de-paint process and other chemical masking operations
- Highly engineered acrylic adhesive provides long term durability, but removes cleanly after harsh masking applications
- Withstands exposure to flame, weathering, moisture and UV
- Heat and light reflective tape protects surfaces and enhances lighting efficiency
- Dead soft aluminum foil backing conforms to curved and uneven surfaces
- Recognized by UL to UL 746C and Classified by UL to UL 723, Class "L" for low flammability rating
|Width||3 in||76.2 mm|
|Length||60 yd||54.86 m|
What is 3M Aluminum Foil Tape used for?
3M Aluminum Foil Tape provides an excellent moisture and chemical barrier. It's great for use in HVAC, aerospace and general industrial applications.
Is the tape easy to handle and apply?
Absolutely! One of this tape's key benefits is its ease of application. The roll easily unwinds and conforms well to irregular surfaces.
Can you tell me about the durability of the tape?
Sure thing! Thanks to its aluminum backing, this foil tape resists flames, extreme temperatures (-65 degrees F – 300 degrees F), UV degradation, moisture, chemicals and punctures.
. How many rolls are included in each case?
. There are 16 rolls per case!
. Does this product meet any industry standards or specifications?
Yes indeed! This aluminum foil meets UL-723 standard regarding test for surface burning characteristics of building materials.").
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is a reliable solution for heat dissipation and substrate protection in high temperature environments. Its dead soft, thermally conductive aluminum backing reduces hot spots and ensures that the substrate is not affected by high temperatures. This tape is a linered version of 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425, making it suitable for die cutting applications. It is coated with a highly engineered acrylic adhesive that can withstand exposure to high heat and humidity while maintaining a strong and reliable bond. It can also withstand moisture, weathering, UV and solvents, making it an excellent choice for indoor or outdoor use.Recommended Applications
- Heat shielding of delicate parts
- Heat reflecting
- Masking in chemical paint stripping applications
- Moisture barrier
- Light reflecting for light enhancement
- Chemical milling
- Seaming and sealing
- Refrigerator and freezer coil attachment
- Splicing of thin gauge foils
- Plastic protection
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is UL Recognized to UL 746C (File E 122798) and Classified by UL to UL 723 "L" for low flammability rating (File R 7311). It can be certified to meet L-T-80C and meets F.A.R 25.853(a). The temperature use range is from -65°F to 300°F (-54°C to 149°C).
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Brochures_3m industrial adhesi