3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is the go-to foil tape for numerous applications across a broad range of industries. Comprised of a dead soft aluminum foil backing with a highly engineered pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive, it is ideal for heat shielding, heat reflecting, chemical masking, light enhancement, chemical milling, seaming, sealing and de-paint operations.
- Linered version of 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425
- Thermally conductive tape helps dissipate heat and improves heating and cooling efficiency to protect temperature sensitive materials
- Resistant to chemicals to protect surfaces during de-paint process and other chemical masking operations
- Highly engineered acrylic adhesive provides long term durability, but removes cleanly after harsh masking applications
- Withstands exposure to flame, weathering, moisture and UV
- Heat and light reflective tape protects surfaces and enhances lighting efficiency
- Dead soft aluminum foil backing conforms to curved and uneven surfaces
- Recognized by UL to UL 746C and Classified by UL to UL 723, Class "L" for low flammability rating
|Width||6 in||152.4 mm|
|Length||60 yd||54.86 m|
What is the size of the 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 LT80, Silver, 6 in x 60 yd, 4.6 mil?
The size of this tape is a width of six inches and length of sixty yards per roll.
How many rolls are included in each case?
There are eight rolls included in each case.
Can I use this tape for HVAC applications?
Yes! This aluminum foil tape has an acrylic adhesive that can withstand temperatures from -65°F to 300°F (-54°C to162°C), making it ideal for HVAC system sealing and joint bonding applications.
Is the tape easy to tear by hand or will scissors be needed?
While you should need scissors or dispensers to cut our thicker aluminum foil tapes easily, you may find that this specific version tears easily by hand when applying shorter sections during installation or repairs.
" Is this product weather resistant?
" Yes! Use with confidence because our durable aluminum foil products like these offer long-lasting weather resistance. Indoors or outdoors, they stand up against tough environments without corroding as fast as average metal materials would."
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is made up of a thermally conductive aluminum backing that is dead soft. This backing helps to dissipate heat over the surface of the tape, reducing hot spots and protecting the substrate from the effects of high temperatures. This tape is a linered version of 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425, which makes it suitable for die cutting applications. It is coated with a highly engineered acrylic adhesive that can withstand exposure to high heat and humidity while maintaining a strong and reliable bond. This tape can withstand a variety of moisture, weathering, UV, and solvents, making it an excellent choice for indoor or outdoor use.Recommended Applications
- Heat shielding of delicate parts
- Heat reflecting
- Masking in chemical paint stripping applications
- Moisture barrier
- Light reflecting for light enhancement
- Chemical milling
- Seaming and sealing
- Refrigerator and freezer coil attachment
- Splicing of thin gauge foils
- Plastic protection
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 427 is UL Recognized to UL 746C (File E 122798) and Classified by UL to UL 723 "L" for low flammability rating (File R 7311). It can be certified to meet L-T-80C and meets F.A.R 25.853(a). The temperature use range for this tape is from -65°F to 300°F (-54°C to 149°C).
Brochures, Catalogs & Data Sheets
- Pdf Brochures_3m metal foil tapes