3M™ Cubitron™ II Hookit™ Paper Disc 732U features 3M Precision Shaped Ceramic Grain, a revolutionary advancement in abrasive technology. The triangular shaped ceramic mineral is designed to slice through the substrate, rather than gouging or “plowing” like conventional abrasives, resulting in a disc that cuts up to 2x as fast and lasts up to 4x as long as conventional abrasives.
- Revolutionary 3M Precision Shaped Grain technology provides fast cut and long life
- Cuts up to 2x as fast as conventional abrasives
- Lasts up to 4x as long as conventional abrasives
- Ideal for a wide variety of substrates and applications focused primarily on stock removal
- Hook and loop attachment makes disc changes fast and easy
|Diameter||5 in||127 mm|
What makes Cubitron II Hookit Paper Discs different from other types of sanding discs?
Cubitron II abrasive technology allows for faster sanding and longer disc life than traditional sandpaper. The Hookit system also provides easy attachment, removal, and reuse.
Can the 732U paper discs be used on all types of surfaces?
Yes! These discs work well on a variety of materials including metals, plastics, paints, and wood.
How many sheets come in each box?
Each inner pack contains 50 sheets; there are 5 packs (250 total) per case.
What grit level are these particular paper discs rated at?
This product is considered 220+ grit which means it's perfect for medium-duty surface preparation or finishing applications.
3M Sanding Discs are versatile and effective on a wide range of substrates, including metals, composites, gelcoat, and whitewood. These discs are ideal for applications focused on stock removal, and are designed with a C-weight paper backing that is well-suited for sanding applications where edge retention is not a primary requirement. For optimal results, pair with 3M Elite Random Orbital Sanders.
A complete line of hook-and-loop style 3M Hookit discs is also available for workspaces where adhesive-backed discs may become contaminated by dust or dirt. Hookit sanding discs are often used in applications where a 3M Stikit disc may be too aggressive, as Hookit discs tend to leave finer finishes than adhesive-backed discs. These sanding discs conveniently attach to a hook-and-loop backup disc pad (sold separately), can be removed cleanly and easily, and can be re-used again and again for the extent of the abrasive life.Key Features:
- Effective on a wide range of substrates
- C-weight paper backing for sanding applications
- Hookit style discs for workspaces with dust or dirt
- Finer finishes than adhesive-backed discs
- Conveniently attach to a hook-and-loop backup disc pad
- Can be removed cleanly and easily
- Can be re-used for the extent of the abrasive life