3M™ Cubitron™ II Hookit™ Paper Disc 732U features 3M Precision Shaped Ceramic Grain, a revolutionary advancement in abrasive technology. The triangular shaped ceramic mineral is designed to slice through the substrate, rather than gouging or “plowing” like conventional abrasives, resulting in a disc that cuts up to 2x as fast and lasts up to 4x as long as conventional abrasives.
- Revolutionary 3M Precision Shaped Grain technology provides fast cut and long life
- Cuts up to 2x as fast as conventional abrasives
- Lasts up to 4x as long as conventional abrasives
- Ideal for a wide variety of substrates and applications focused primarily on stock removal
- Hook and loop attachment makes disc changes fast and easy
|Diameter||5 in||127 mm|
|Maximum Speed||12,000 rpm|
What makes the 3M™ Cubitron™ II Hookit™ Paper Disc 732U unique?
The 3M™ Cubitron™ II Hookit™ Paper Disc 732U is designed with precision-shaped grain technology that allows for faster cutting and a longer lifespan than traditional abrasive discs.
What size is this paper disc?
This particular disc size is 5 inches in diameter with no hole (NH) configuration, which helps ensure even wear and consistent results.
How many discs are included in each case of this product?
Each case includes a total of 250 individual discs, packaged in sets of 50 to make it easy to stock and organize your inventory.
Can you tell me more about the backing material?
Sure! The C-weight paper backing provides extra durability when working on tough-to-grind materials such as carbon steel or stainless steel. Plus, our double flex construction means increased flexibility during use for added maneuverability on complex shapes and curves.
3M Sanding Discs are versatile and effective on a wide range of substrates, including metals, composites, gelcoat, and whitewood. These discs are ideal for applications focused on stock removal and are available in a complete line of hook-and-loop style 3M Hookit discs.
The C-weight paper backing is well suited for sanding applications where edge retention is not a primary requirement. For best results, pair with 3M Elite Random Orbital Sanders.
3M Hookit discs are perfect for workspaces where adhesive-backed discs may become contaminated by dust or dirt. They leave finer finishes than adhesive-backed discs and are often used in applications where a 3M Stikit disc may be too aggressive.
- Hookit sanding discs attach conveniently to a hook-and-loop backup disc pad (sold separately).
- They can be removed cleanly and easily and can be re-used again and again for the extent of the abrasive life.